Senior Industrial Designer 15+ years
Do you believe that design can be a driving force for innovation? Do you take a human centered approach tackling design challenges? Do you appreciate the importance of aesthetics in helping to extend a company’s brand? Then you may be just the right fit for our open Senior Industrial Designer position at Bally Design, Inc.
Our company prides itself on designing products and experiences with practical purposes to work for those who interact with them. As part of our design team your focus will be on both leading and supporting projects with a strong emphasis on the delivery of great design solutions and helping our clients achieve success. Reporting to the director of industrial design, you will be responsible for everything from the initial concept and development of the design. If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply today!
• Work closely with clients in order to understand project goals, and design constraints while helping to define the problem.
• Conduct user research efforts to gain a better sense of the customer journey and product use in context, utilizing various design thinking tools.
• Generate highly creative concepts that are practical while still pushing the boundaries of possibilities.
• Present concepts to clients for feedback and intelligently synthesize feedback to effectively refine the design.
• Construct both non-functional and functional prototypes utilizing a variety of techniques at various stages of the design process.
• Work independently and in close collaboration with other designers on the team.
• Manage both small and large projects, staying within budget and schedule, while successfully fulfilling project goals at each key milestone.
Job Skills & Required Qualifications
• 15+ years of experience as an Industrial Designer.
• Baccalaureate Degree in Industrial Design.
• An outstanding portfolio of design work.
• Great hand and digital sketching skills for communicating ideas and concepts.
• Ability to create hand models and mock-ups in a variety of mediums as a means of testing interactions at scale, as a way to further learn and develop an idea.
• A desire to collaborate with other designers, willing to accept and offer criticism.
• Independent thinker and worker who can easily adapt to a team approach.
• Strong understanding of materials and manufacturing processes and can apply these considerations throughout concept and design development.
• Great eye for aesthetics and can create photo realistic renderings from CAD
• Highly proficient at building conceptual CAD with some proficiency in building early-stage production ready CAD.
• Solidworks, Visualize or Keyshot, Adobe Creative Cloud, and MS Office proficient.
• Previous experience working in a consulting firm is preferred.
• A portfolio must be provided in order to be considered for this position.
Bally Design is located in Pittsburgh, PA, in the vibrant Strip District. www.ballydesign.com
Qualified candidates please submit resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.