Tactile is a high-touch design studio where the creative, technical, and strategic come together. We design meaningful physical and digital experiences for everyday moments and the one of a kind. We are made up of industrial designers, interaction designers, graphic designers, and engineers who create sought-after products and experiences through research and strategy.
We’re looking for senior level Industrial Designers (contract-only positions) in our Boston studio (must be local). You will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams from idea to conception with design at its core. We work on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects that allow our designers to gain new experiences, learn and advance their craft.
● Both independent and team-oriented to design and develop products and experiences for a wide variety of subjects.
● Able to illustrate your ideas and communicate findings effectively in presentations/meetings, adapting style and detail level to client and project needs.
● Well versed in design methodologies and display excellence at all stages of the design process, including early concept development, sketching, building prototypes, CAD modeling, rendering and creating high-fidelity polished presentations.
● Motivated to conduct your own informal user research, market research, and usability testing to get to the heart of the problem.
● Grounded in your understanding of materials and processes and excited to push the envelope.
● Great at handling multiple workstreams with design direction.
● 7-10 years of relevant experience working in product design
● BA/BS in Industrial Design or related training
● High level of proficiency with industry standard design and prototyping tools; CAD, Adobe, Keyshot, etc.
● Portfolio of relevant work examples
● Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
● Impeccable attention to detail
● Ability to work on and complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion
● Enthusiasm to adapt to diverse projects and clients, from med-tech to industrial to consumer electronics
An intimate, open studio that runs on coffee and camaraderie. You’ll fit in great here if you’re passionate, hard-working and don’t take yourself too seriously. Learn more about us at www.tactileinc.com.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of the Tactile team please send us a note, your credentials and a link to your work at email@example.com.
Note: Must be Boston-based to be considered.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.