Interested in changing the world?
At HP we believe that technology should make life better for everyone, everywhere. This vision guides everything we do and how we do it. In our Office Printing Solutions organization, we have an exciting leadership role within our Physical Design team that will help deliver upon our vision.
We are nestled the Rocky Mountains in beautiful Boise, Idaho. One of the nation’s best kept secrets. Wonderful outdoor activities like skiing, mountain biking, world-class trout fishing, and white-water rafting are right out your back door. Low-cost living and friendly people make Boise an easy choice for young adults and families.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and will participate in cross-functional initiatives. Brings design leadership by providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
• Leads multiple project teams of other designers and internal and outsourced partners responsible for all stages of industrial design and development for a portfolio of complex products and platforms, including design architecture, language, validation, and specifications.
• Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners on industrial design and development.
• Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with industrial design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and user experience.
• Provides domain-specific expertise and overall industrial design leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
• Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and design language into projects and activities in the industrial design organization.
• Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
• Typically 10+ years experience AND a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial or Product Design or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Broad experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to a portfolio of multiple information technology and consumer product designs
• Evaluate and select 2-D and 3-D CAD tools and software packages for product design across portfolio Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Broad understanding and experience in methodologies for design testing and validation, including sketches, models, storyboards, and prototyping.
• Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall product architecture; recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall industrial design.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Mastery of English and local language.
• Ability to effectively communicate industrial design data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Please note- candidates should submit an updated resume AND a portfolio link/work samples (with password if needed) when applying to this position.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.