ION Design is looking for an exceptional Senior Industrial Designer with 6-10 years of experience to join our talented team as soon as possible. Our focus is new product innovation and we thrive on challenging assignments. The services we provide cover the breadth of the product development cycle: user research, concept development, industrial design, UI design, mechanical/ electrical design, and prototype development. A senior designer will be expected to contribute at every stage of our product creation process, including gathering user insights, analyzing trend data, ascertain the program marketing and engineering criteria, and follow projects from concept to production. We’re searching for a talented designer with the ability to visualize compelling design solutions that can be implemented within the marketing and manufacturing objectives. This is a rare opportunity to work in an informal, fast-paced, fun, and stimulating environment, and we seek a smart and creative team member with the following characteristics:
1. Strong sense of aesthetics. ION Design is looking for a creative problem solver with 6-10 years experience who can visualize thoughtful and compelling design solutions to complex design problems and develop them within the framework of volume production. Excellent sketching and form-giving skills are essential.
2. Excellent product development skills. The industrial designer we seek is also a person with a good understanding of the development process and what it takes to bring a product to market, including: writing product plans and specifications, creative brainstorming, rapid idea generation and concept development, creation of descriptive 2D visualizations and detailed 3D CAD geometry in Solidworks. You must also have a good understanding of production processes, including plastic injection molding.
3. Strong communication skills. The best ideas will only get implemented if you can convincingly present and articulate them to others. As a design consultant, you must be able to communicate effectively with clients, suppliers, and team members through written and spoken word.
• Education: Bachelor’s (or Masters) degree in Industrial Design;
• Experience: 6+ years in medical device and/ or consumer product design;
• Sketching: Excellent hand sketching, ideation, and presentation skills;
• 2D Design Exploration: Expert-level knowledge of 2D Illustration (Adobe Creative Suite);
• 3D CAD modeling and rendering: Advanced skills in Solidworks and KeyShot;
• Understanding of injection molding and other volume manufacturing processes;
• Basic shop skills for building study models;
Only PDFs under 10MB or link to website portfolio
NOTE: Must have U.S. Citizenship or Green Card (Permanent Residency). No sponsorship is available.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.