Matternet is looking for a Senior Industrial Designer to help craft Matternet's product vision of autonomous robotic systems.
In this position, you will report directly to Matternet's Head of Design and will make product decisions that span the whole design spectrum, from product vision to the smallest details of our product. As a designer on the design team, you will be expected to recognize as many of the constraints as possible, and have the passion to work within these constraints.
You are a highly strategic, detail-oriented and multi-skilled designer. You need to be creative, diligent, humble, excel in uncertainty and live to collaborate in a high-paced environment that values excellence. You will create design quality in all air, ground and digital assets. Be a part of a team that does not follow orthodox boundaries between the design professions and rather put product design as the guideline.
**PLEASE NOTE: Applications without portfolios will not be considered - please provide URL or attach to application**
• 7+ years experience in a product design role
• A strong portfolio of creative product design illustrating a deep appreciation for aesthetics and creativity
• Ability and desire to solve complex product design problems and the strategy skills to deliver best-in-class solutions
• Ability to articulate & communicate design rationale
• Translate research insights to atoms and pixels
• A fluency in prototyping and manufacturing methods
• A determination to challenge design and engineering orthodoxy
• A passion for simplicity
You’ll love working here because:
• The people. You will be surrounded by talented and passionate leaders and teams - people who will challenge you and help you grow.
• The diverse culture. We welcome all cultures, genders, orientations, beliefs; people. We depend on the unique backgrounds of our team members to help us solve complex problems that meet the needs of a global customer base. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Matternet is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
• The perks. We are invested in you! Matternet offers all employees an opportunity to align their success with the company’s through equity. Our benefits package includes access to competitive medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance, a 401(k) program, flexible time off and catered lunch.
• The Values. Matternet is not a job, it’s a mission. We are prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to make Matternet’s mission successful. Most people would give up. We won’t.
Collect your best work and submit it to the 2020 Core77 Design Awards — it will go in front of a group of the top designers practicing today, and winners will claim vast bragging rights, media attention and an amazing trophy.
Enter today to beat the looming final deadline – April 1st!Enter the C77DA x