WHO WE ARE
We are NewDealDesign, an award-winning technology design firm and the National Design Award honoree. With over 100 awards under our belt, we work on the coolest projects in tech, from advanced concept assignments with industry giants to the latest creations for hot start-ups. We team industrial, visual, and interaction designers with strategists and engineers to create delightful objects and experiences. Come and join us!
We are looking for a Senior Industrial Designer who is passionate about design and leadership!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
* Contribute a creatively adventurous outlook to bring bold, new ideas to the table.
* Create form studies and prototypes that showcase your confidence in working with your hands.
* Demonstrate and promote the importance of good design and brand values and their impact on society and business, including the NewDealDesign brand and design philosophy.
* Provide tactical management of ID projects, such as understanding technical needs and developing ideas while collaborating with engineers.
* Provide Internal team coordination and associated workflow productivity.
* Communicate with clients and vendors locally and abroad as needed.
* Craft and organize all visual designs, written documents and presentations with skill and efficacy for clients’ needs.
* Assist NDD leadership in client-facing meetings and other professional functions.
* Provide skill and expertise working with an array of design tools to complete projects, such as 3D CAD SolidWorks, 3D Rendering, Adobe Creative Suite, MSFT Office to bring projects and presentations to life.
* Demonstrate your understanding of the value of color, materials, and finishes as it applies to product design.
* Convey a personal commitment to hard work and effective time management.
* Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or equivalent.
* Must have 5+ years of recent and very relevant industrial design experience.
* Excellence in relevant digital tools – Adobe CC, 3D CAD, rendering software.
* Excellent hand sketching and form development skills.
* Great problem solving and communication skills.
* Demonstrate strong mechanical understanding and ability to interact with internal and external engineering teams.
* Must have portfolio that showcases a thoughtful creative process, excellent form control, and storytelling (sketches and models).
A BIT ABOUT YOU
If you feel this role is meant for you, please send us a portfolio that shows your capability as a thinker, designer and leader. Show us what inspires and drives you. Show us what you are good at and what you like best.