SRAM is seeking a creative and motivated Industrial Designer with senior level design experience to join our Colorado design team. The designer will play a key role in driving the design of industry leading mountain bike suspension and brakes.
The position is located in SRAM’s RockShox development center in Colorado Springs.
• Work cross functionally to provide industrial design problem-solving, concepts, CAD models and design for manufacturing.
• Create compelling new products by tapping into the end user’s needs
• Work with Design engineers directly on CAD models to configure/package engineering concepts into the most compelling products in the industry.
• Follow through with 3D CAD design and delivery for on time solutions for our product development timelines
• Deliver solid and rational ergonomics for best physical performance.
• Build compelling stories to communicate design direction with your design team members and the larger product development team.
• Coordinate with design team partners to meet defined requirements.
• Support Marcom and PM product launches and presentations with applicable materials.
• Help to further refine ID workflow processes to enhance the product development process.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent from an accredited University.
• 7 years of relevant experience working in cross-functional product development teams.
• 2D visualization skills, a refined sense of form, a working understanding of human factors, and rapid idea/concept generation skills are required.
• Strong understanding of design for manufacturing.
• Positive attitude and openness to give and receive constructive feedback required.
• Proficient at 3D CAD (Pro-E preferred)
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a global team. Approximately 15% travel.