Would you like to add your creative vision to a great West Coast Design Firm? Build great experiences for a leader in tech product design? Studio Red seeks a world-class Senior Designer with a passion for finding customer-focused design solutions.
If you think good design is as much about making something work as it is about making something good-looking, if you enjoy a fast-paced and collaborative environment, if you want your work seen and used by people every day, we'd like to speak with you.
As part of the Design team, you are responsible for producing concept sketches, refined Concept renderings of tech and non-tech products, both physical and digital alike. Working from project descriptions, consumer studies, team input, and client directives, Design Directors help to determine the look and feel of the products we develop.
• Work with other Industrial Design team members to conceptualize and lead the execution of designs that will advance the clients and company's business, marketing or branding objectives.
• Will often play a hands-on role for both new designs and refreshes of existing designs.
• Act as an advocate for good customer experience, with a strong understanding of user-centered design.
• Seek to continuously improve the customer experience.
• Provide design direction and guidance to members of the Design team. May also work independently to explore and create successful design solutions.
• Provide leadership to the Design team. Mentor and teach. Help to establish overall work processes and standards for the team.
• Collaborate successfully within the Design team and across the company. Foster a collaborative environment between all disciplines. Go the extra distance to support team members and ensure the success of the project.
• Research and explore best practices in product design. Maintain a broad and thorough knowledge of the competitive landscape.
• Provide visual QA feedback and consultation before project launch.
• May manage 1-2 team members.
• At least 6 years of professional design experience, including at least 2 years of professional full-time project lead experience and 1 year of management experience. Significant extra credit for strong consulting background.
• A command of CAD tools, materials, color, composition, hierarchy and the ability to take these elements and drive a team to create on-brand, innovative and top-quality design solutions. Solid knowledge of the of CAD design tools.
• Understand and has the ability to develop the components of an identity system. Can create a style guide.
• Experience in UX/UI digital design is desired.
• Understand the Studio Red brand and the importance of on-brand design, and is able to develop concepts and projects that are on-brand.
• Demonstrate willingness to contribute to the team. Understand the value of other disciplines and how they work with design. Can work collaboratively and proactively on multifunctional teams.
• Able to produce multiple concepts for a project and is able to discern and articulate which ideas are most valid and worth pursuing. Can present ideas effectively, and is a strong communicator in a variety of presentation situations.
• Act as an advocate for the Design team.
• Good project management skills. Flexible -- able to work on and manage multiple projects and reprioritize as needed. Highly organized. Excellent attention to detail. Able to set project schedules, estimate/manage own time accurately and effectively, and keep the project and team on track. Can anticipate potential project problems and create solutions or contingency plans.
• Complete knowledge of Adobe Suite. Experienced with Solid Works, Keyshot, Microsoft Office Suite, Acrobat
Studio Red is a 38-year-old Product Development Consultancy. We offer a very competitive compensation package that includes medical and dental benefits, a 401(k) plan and stock options. We are located in the heart of Silicon Valley in Menlo Park, Calif.