The Lenovo Design + Innovation team is a global group of highly skilled and talented people doing what we love, designing the very best world-class products. You will be an integral part of the team, working together across continents and cultures in a friendly, fast-paced and inspiring work environment. We are looking to add a Senior Interaction Designer to our team that will help us visualize and craft the future of hardware/software at Lenovo.
This role would be a fit for you if you’re passionate, optimistic and an excellent collaborator. You’ll report to our Strategic Design & Innovation manager and work closely with our Strategic Design team, User Experience, Software and Engineering teams to help build the foundation for Lenovo’s future device interactions. If you’re a proactive, self-starter that has a strong understanding of why and how customer interaction between both, hardware and software can build a brand and drastically improve user experience, this position could be perfect for you.
• Build relationships and appropriately communicate with cross-functional teams to understand requirements and collaborate to achieve short- and long-term goals
• Work closely with research teams to capture the needs of our customers and integrate user feedback into design centered solutions
• Build the foundation for harmonious software and hardware solutions, crafting industry leading user experiences from concept to execution
• Communicate user interaction at all stages of the design process with storyboards, wireframes, flow diagrams, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes
• Visualize the future of software and hardware interactions, develop and communicate tiered strategies for execution with key checkpoints and goals
• Always be looking for ways to creatively add value to our team beyond your job description
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Industrial Design, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
• 7+ years relevant experience in hardware/software design or user experience
• An excellent portfolio showcasing both hardware and software interactions, user flows, wireframes, and user interface mockups and prototypes.
• Problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile (Windows & Android).
• Ability to visualize, craft and articulate complex concepts
• Experience building and managing relationships with internal and external partners
• Proficiency in MS Office (specifically power point), Adobe CS (Photoshop & Illustrator), Figma, Axure, XD etc.
• Ability to travel to international sites
Please apply via the website URL listed in addition to expressing your interest in the position to the hiring manager Ali Ent at: email@example.com.