Takeya USA is seeking a detail-oriented and team-minded individual to become our Senior Product Developer & Technical Project Manager (SPD) to oversee all Takeya Product Development projects. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and execution of project tasks and completion of projects on time, within budget and within scope in accordance with the annual operational plan and long-term product plans. This position will oversee all aspects of projects and work directly with internal and external clients and stakeholders along with Takeya’s Asia development resources. The SPD will participate closely in new product development both as a technical product expert and as a champion of the stage-gate NPD process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage a portfolio of concurrent product development projects that span over multiple lines of business
• Coordinate internal, third party and Asia development resources for flawless execution of projects Upheld daily project communication & follow-up with the Asia development team
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Plan for resource availability and allocation
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Develop detailed project plans to communicate project deliverables and track progress
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
• Manage project issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline schedule. Escalate to management as needed
• Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
• Conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical problem-solving capability
• Support the creation and successful execution of a formal Stage Gate NPD process
• Participate in and own establishing processes, practices, tools, templates and control documents to improve company- wide process maturity
• Participate in product planning and ideation across all divisions
• Establish product specifications and identify features and benefits
• Compile all handover data (Bill of Materials, tech packs, art files, etc.) and distribute the complete development packs to the Asia development resources
• Facilitate all product testing and assist with the development of test protocols
• Participate in proofing all printed materials
• Work with internal teams to review prototypes, sales samples, pre-production and T-samples to ensure they meet set quality standards. Communicate the feedback to the Asia development team with appropriate technical detail
• Coordinate all product sampling and field testing
• Assist with arranging samples for tradeshows, sales calls, photo shoots, etc.
• Assist with competitive analysis as needed by comparing the company's products to competitors' products
• Assist with determining product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders
• Prepare all shipments of samples or prototypes that need to be presented to the client for approval. This includes follow up to the Client and Sales of impending shipments
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the VP of Product & Supply Chain
• Bachelor’s Degree in technical field of study preferred
• 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning technical projects
• 5+ years of experience developing and producing high quality consumer hard goods
• 3+ years of experience with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle
• Experience with various hard goods materials (metals, plastics) and manufacturing methods (forming, molding) is preferred
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Can work on complex problems and exceptions without direct supervision
• Experienced working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Proven ability to successfully lead projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
• Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas to achieve a common business objective
• Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
Compensation & Benefits:
• Competitive salary
• 401K Plan
Our mission is to inspire, energize, and celebrate fitness enthusiasts everywhere, one refreshing sip at a time.
Headquartered in Huntington Beach, California, Takeya USA is a fast-growing active fitness brand that specializes in insulated hydration solutions for people on the go. Established in 2008, Takeya USA brings 55 years of Japanese design heritage and innovation to provide simple solutions that work. Whatever you do to keep active and strong, Takeya will be there to keep you refreshed and hydrated along the way.
Come join us!
Please send all resumes to LMaldonado@takeyausa.com