Roll & Hill is seeking a Senior Product Development Manager with a high degree of technical skills in product design, production engineering, or mechanical engineering to work in a collaborative environment preparing new and existing products for production. Candidates must have extensive experience in either production lighting or furniture design. This position will manage our design and engineering teams at both our Brooklyn, NY offices and our Grand Rapids, MI, offices. This position will work directly with our CEO, Sales Department, and Supply Chain team to execute new product launches, production engineering, and custom work. This position will also be responsible for prototyping, vendor sourcing and communication, support documents, and overall product experience. Professional level Solidworks experience is a requirement.
• Full-time position
• Medical, dental, vision
• 401k with 401k employer match
• PTO and paid holidays
• Competitive pay – pay will be based on experience.
• Can be located in Brooklyn, NY or Grand Rapids, MI
• Developing full 3D Solidworks assemblies with detailed 2D manufacturing drawings;
• Developing new lighting designs, from concept to final production engineering;
• Managing a small team of designers and engineers
• Working closely with our Production team and Sales team in a truly collaborative on-demand manufacturing environment;
• Communicate tasks to both the lighting and furniture teams, and project management
• Managing assigned project responsibilities and tight deadlines;
• Striving for continuous improvement at all levels of the design process;
• Controlling overall quality, from development to delivery.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design, Engineering (or similar), and a minimum of 10 years of experience in design for production or product development. Experience in lighting, furniture or a related field is essential. Other attributes for this position include:
• 2-5 years managing a team
• High level of proficiency with Solidworks;
• Ability to manage workflow within our ERP and PLM systems;
• 2D sketch communication skills for internal brainstorming;
• Critical thinking and the ability to foresee problems and suggest multiple solutions;
• Willingness and flexibility to "roll up your sleeves";
• Positive attitude, patience, and calm demeanor in challenging situations;
• A team-oriented approach to meeting goals;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate concepts with "non-technical" people;
• Ability to both offer and accept clear feedback, prioritize projects and tasks around fixed deadlines, and execute ongoing updates quickly and seamlessly;
• Mechanical aptitude with an eye for detail;
• Familiarity with Keyshot is desirable for internal review and presentation
Please submit a link to your portfolio or a PDF with your resume.