Join Our Award-Winning Team – Handel Architects is seeking interior architects and interior designers to join our integrated architecture/interior design teams
Handel Architects is an award-winning architecture and interior design firm dedicated to bringing design excellence to urban environments. Headquartered in New York, we have offices in New York, San Francisco, Boston and Hong Kong.
Our New York office has multiple openings for interior designers and interior architects interested in the opportunity to advance their career in the residential design sector. Designers in our office play an integral role in leading and furthering design, are actively involved on their projects and committed to establishing relationships with other team members, consultants and client teams. This is a great opportunity for someone who is highly ambitious, inquisitive, and takes initiative.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Interior Designer/Architect with 7+ years of experience, with a combination of creativity and technical knowledge, adept at leading the development of concepts and the design team from design through construction on a wide range of residential projects. The Senior Project Interior Designer will work with and report to members of senior leadership to generate and carry out design concepts, taking projects from the storyboard to completion. They will also mentor interior design staff.
• Professional degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design
• Professional portfolio demonstrating passion for interior design and interior architecture
• 7+ years of full-time professional experience
• Adept in translating design concepts into building assemblies, space planning, furniture layouts and development of imagery
• Highly organized and collaborative
• Possess strong technical skills to prepare design and construction documents and specifications
• Have excellent graphic presentation, verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop and InDesign
• Proficient in 3D modeling and rendering (Sketch Up, Rhino, V-Ray)
• Must possess high sensibility, affinity for materials, products and resources
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, tight deadlines and work on various projects concurrently
• Create conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation and construction administration
• Prepare and develop graphic presentations for client approval
• Collaborate with design team to develop space plans, furniture layouts, FF&E selections and documentation
• Produce finish and furniture plans, schedules, specifications and material selections needed for construction documentation
• Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture vendors, material suppliers and fabricators to coordinate and detail design intent
• Generate design concepts using Photoshop and 3D modeling/rendering
• Direct and mentor junior interiors staff
Please submit resume and portfolio in PDF format.