Do you enjoy working for a rewarding purpose? Can you imagine helping save lives through your work? Do you put the customer first and enjoy solving complex challenges? Then come and join us to build the next generation of Laerdal’s SMS (Sales, Marketing and Services) services and re-imagine the future of how healthcare education is delivered and serviced to customers.
About Laerdal Sales,Marketing and Services (SMS) organization
We are entering a digital-first world, where customers expect to be served in their digital channel of choice, often in real time, throughout their Laerdal journey. A core part of our business strategy is using digital technologies to innovate business models and provide new revenue and value-producing opportunities. With such transitions, our company also has placed Customer Experience across the holistic user journey to our core focus.
With new business models and new ways of conducting business in the future, comes opportunities, in many fronts in delivering and implementing service experiences to our clients.
We are looking for a skilled and seasoned service designer to join our SMS organization, and to become an integral part of this transformation process.
A service designer who enjoys setting the bar high, work in a fast-paced environment. Collaborate with various disciplines, including marketing, sales, field services, customer services, educational services, just to name a few of our varied disciplines.
Your core challenges will be to help the work of our SMS initiatives, to support implementation processes. To re-imagine how we deliver exceptional service in many stages of the customer journey – may it be the pre-sales process of a new subscription-based product platform, or shifting customer service processes to become more self-directed by the customers – supported with new digital touchpoints and services (just to name a few of these challenges).
As a service designer, you will work across the various stages of the Customer Experience Journey, supported by a team of experts in various fields. Therefore, it is crucial that you have the confidence in jumping in the various stages of the service design process and lead/support the process where necessary.
- Research, trend analysis and helping to shape strategic CX goals and initiatives
- Develop/work out propositions for new projects possibilities based on strategy / research / customer needs / new service initiatives
- Frame design & service improvement projects
- Develop project plans for the stages where service design is the core element of the process (e.g. research project timeline & planning)
- Develop research strategies, and conduct research
- Synthesize & deliver insights, with storytelling skills
- Communicate directions, service design visions, concepts visually with key stakeholders and to the overall business
- Oversee and lead the designs of various deliveries (outcomes and materials might vary on the spectrum of digital input for ongoing product development initiatives, input and delivery of marketing materials, communication prompts, feedback surveys, etc..)
- Drive the communication and interaction between the various teams and managers to ensure a smooth user journey across various stages of our services (marketing, sales, services, product use, maintenance)
- Master’s degree in design or related field – human factors, interaction design, product design, service design, etc.
- 5+ years of work experience, in a senior design position – as Design Lead / Service Designer / UX designer
- Experience in working in a cross functional, cross disciplinary product / service company
- Lives and breathes design thinking, and has a proven track record of working across the various stages of the design process (from discovery, to needs identification, framing, conceptualization, service prototyping, service implementation)
- Ability to think in a systemic level, and to oversee eco-systems, and their relationships
- Balanced understanding of the business needs and customer needs
- The ability to foresee trends, understand market shifts and strategically shape service innovation / improvement projects
- Experience in broader scale service design projects (from discovery to implementation) and a good understanding of relevant tools and methodologies used by service designers
- Experience in facilitation of the process / workshops
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An enthusiastic personality and an ambassador for the needs of the customer
- Self-organizing / self-starter mentality
- Experience with agile software methodologies and scrum frameworks and lean design principles is a plus
Laerdal is a multinational organization, with a global reach. Continuous user / customer research across various segments and countries is therefore an expected part of the job and hence it is required that the job holder can travel and self-organize customer and country visits. The job is preferably based in our headquarter in Stavanger.
For questions regarding the position, you can reach out to:
Katalin Dóczi (Design Lead) at Katalin.Doczi@laerdal.com or Maj Britt Feria (Director of Services Development) at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter by 16th of May at the latest.