Alexa Shopping is at the intersection of AI and retail experience. Our team is building a product that millions of customers love to use, so convenient and compelling customers will rely on Alexa at every stage of the shopping experience — from expert product guidance to listing to ordering to post-purchase support — across devices, Amazon desktop and mobile, in all countries where Alexa is available.
Alexa Shopping seeks a Senior Designer to define and drive the future of shopping at Amazon. In this role, you will work with voice and graphic interface in a fast-paced environment. From inception through launch, you will be a design owner, responsible for delivering ambitious concepts, and using data to iterate and improve, translating needs and constraints into simple, intuitive, customer-focused solutions. You will define concept and execution, articulating end-to-end experience, and drive that vision into solid design deliverables such as user interface designs for voice and screen, interaction models, design specs, and prototypes. You will collaborate closely with engineering, product management and marketing both inside our organization, and with partner teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience with early-stage product development, and be passionate, focused, and relentless. If you have drive to innovate across modes of UI and existing and emerging devices, join us in developing the next generation of Alexa experience.
· Design the user experience of key, differentiated features for Alexa Shopping
· Drive design from initial concept through final implementation, working with across our team, as well as with partner teams across Amazon
· Use diverse inputs —e.g., product leadership, market analysis, customer feedback, metrics and usability findings — to identify and define new concepts and solutions to customer problems
· Develop and maintain detailed design specs for both voice and graphical UX
· Communicate and specify design concepts, solutions, and needs to senior executives
· Lead customer advocacy and integrate user research into the product development process
· Contribute to the group’s best practices for UX design while continually advocating design thinking, process, and craft throughout our organization
· Partner with development teams to build experiences and review finished interfaces (voice and screen) throughout the development lifecycle, maintaining a high bar for design and execution
· Use positive energy to maintain personal and team momentum
· 8+ years of professional experience as a UX designer or interaction designer.
· An online portfolio or samples of work on resume, demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices.
· Interaction and visual design skill, including mastery of mobile, web, and accessibility standards
· A portfolio demonstrating the product design lifecycle
· A bachelor's degree in design, interaction or a related UX degree, or commensurate industry experience
· Expertise with standard design and prototyping tools like Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
· Experience as a lead creative contributor
· Track record of defining and delivering end-to-end user experience
· Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver projects of significant scope and high complexity
· Excellent communication skills, and ability to clearly convey new concepts
· Experience working closely with development and product management teams
· Experience conducting usability and contextual research with users
· Experience designing multimodal product experience, and conversancy with natural UI
· Experience defining and driving creative solutions in new/ambiguous product territory.