Do you enjoy working for a rewarding purpose? Can you imagine helping save lives through your design work? Then come and join us to build the next generation of Laerdal’s digital products and services, and re-imagine the future of healthcare.
Laerdal is spearheading exciting projects with big impact potential. We are currently building a new service that will help train nurses and midwives in low resource settings. The timeline for the service spans over the next five years and we have started with an MVP, which is currently being tested and will scale according to the needs we identify in this initial release. Your job will be to translate learnings from these tests into improvements and continue to innovate new products and services.
The potential life-saving impact of this project is tremendous, and our partners are eager to get our service out there as fast as possible. We have well established and documented needs, but with an open-ended solution target. We know only what we are building just now, but we have ideas for future features. Your job will be to navigate this and contribute to exploring and developing of new - and old - ideas.
You will work in a cross-functional team with designers, developers, and engineers. The team consists of senior designers, a project manager, developers, a product manager, and an implementation team. We’re a fast paced, high performing team that value teamwork and share a common goal: Helping save lives. Please reach out to us if you’d like to connect with any of our team members to have a chat about the work that we do and the work culture here at Laerdal Global Health. We would love to tell you more about what it’s like to work here.
As a Laerdal designer, you will work in all stages of the design process: early phase user research, ideation and concept development, detailed design and specification, and final product testing and validation. Everything we do happens in close loops with our users: Paramedics, doctors, nurses, educators, instructors, and others.
Typical tasks will be:
• Conduct user research to deeply understand needs within the relevant user segments.
• Visualize and communicate findings and insights to the development team.
• Design, prototype and develop complete digital user experiences.
• Plan, perform and document design validation activities.
• Attend trainings to observe behavior and identify needs.
You are a talented and experienced UX / Interaction Designer. You also have a strong interest in related design disciplines, and you enjoy many facets of design work. You have the design process as an integral part of everything you do, and you are able to engage others in your work methods. You're able to establish solid relationships with partners, users and key opinion leaders, even when it has to be in virtual meetings.
You probably have:
• Master’s degree within UX or Interaction Design. (Strong skills and experience can compensate for lower formal education).
• 3-6 years of relevant experience.
• Profound insight in design methodologies.
• Good abilities in understanding user needs and transferring this to product concepts.
• Strong digital prototyping and visualization skills.
• Enthusiasm for creating the best possible user experiences.
• Insights and experience in digital product / app development.
• Strong communication skills, fluent English, written and spoken.
We offer competitive and flexible working conditions in beautiful Stavanger, Norway.
Apply by submitting your cover letter, CV and portfolio to the provided link before November 12th 2021.