Tyler Technologies helps governments use data more strategically and effectively in the design and delivery of their programs and missions. Our data platform and cloud-based solutions support the world’s most ambitious data programs at every level of government and are a cornerstone of Tyler Technologies’ Connected Communities strategy.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team!
What is the design problem that we are solving?
As a Product Designer, you’ll make products that help top governments do amazing things:
- deliver value to citizens through our data platform
- improve collaboration and the flow of data within the government
- democratize data in ways that have a profound and positive impact on society
Most of the data and information that governments have is locked in databases, inaccessible to the public, and even hidden from public servants themselves. Our mission is to democratize data, making it accessible and machine readable, while helping those servants turn data into information, and information to life-saving insights.
How does design fit in at Tyler?
Design is an essential role in our product team, determining what problems we solve, why we solve them, and how to solve them with a human-centered approach. We have a growing team that works in partnership with product and engineering management, embedded within a cross-functional team, allowing each designer to focus and ship great work.
You will be a part of our core team doing the full spectrum of the design process: research, prototyping, implementation, and testing for Data & Insights solutions. You’ll help decide what our products and services will look like and how they will behave. Working alongside many stakeholders (and many strong opinions!), you will play a key role in shaping our strategy and its tactical implementation. In return, you’ll learn a ton about the unique challenges we have exclusively serving the public sector and work with an incredibly talented team of engineers, designers, and product managers.
- Work on a fast-moving product development team focused on building solutions for government departments
- Work quickly and effectively to ship new features, bug fixes, and small improvements bi-weekly.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to define features and functionality; pair-design with other designers and meet as a team for iterative feedback.
- Partner with other designers to improve your overall product vision and strategy
- Improve collaboration with engineering and integrate our design system with c interaction patterns to suit the needs of your product area
- Identify high impact features that achieve user and business goals and be able to clearly articulate rationale for your decisions.
- Design interactions for new features, apply existing or create new design patterns across our platforms.
- Talk directly to the people using our platform to figure out what to build
- Experience building clear, effective interactions to accomplish product and business goals. Ideally, you have 3-5 years of this type of experience.
- Shipped new software products or major user facing product features. This is important! We’re are looking for you to jump into some significant projects
- Ability to think about a large, complex, problems and clearly justify features and changes to your cross-functional teams.
- A well-articulated design process emphasizing research
- Solid visual design skill, especially in the construction of information and visual hierarchies, attention to detail with typography, color, grids, and guides
- Experience using analytics or product instrumentation, and user research to inform design
- High tolerance and/or interest in working with data and information visualization (we love data nerds!)
- Rich examples of sketching and prototyping ideas from concept to wireframe to mockup through the UX process
PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO IN YOUR RESUME FOR US TO INCLUDE IN OUR CONSIDERATION!
- B.A. B.S, or M.S in human-centered design, human-computer interaction, information science or an equivalent amount of relevant work experience.
- Interest or experience in designing visualizations and/or working with data
- Passion for design’s role in social innovation
- Experience or interest in empowering governments or open data initiatives