Tactile is a product and UX design firm specializing in design solutions for trusted professionals. We believe great tools cultivate meaningful experiences that can improve our working and living conditions. We’re guided by the principle that functional should also be beautiful and enjoyable.
For over 15 years, we’ve relied on building trust and collaborative relationships with our clients. When you start with a foundation of empathy, every project ends with a product that works for everyone. It’s the diversity of our employees’ ideas and experiences that inspires innovation in design. Tactile is made up of an exceptional group of people, spanning user experience, visual design, industrial design, and mechanical engineering. We look at product design holistically, knowing that a product isn’t just another project. It’s where intent and relevance intersect in order to solve real-world problems. Designers at Tactile find balance in usability, delight, and feasibility—it’s there that solutions to complex problems come to life. We work on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects that allow our designers to gain new experiences, learn, and advance their craft.
We’re looking for Senior UX Researchers for our Seattle studio. During the coronavirus pandemic, you’ll be working in a hybrid environment—some remote and some in the studio when necessary—and eventually full-time in the studio when the pandemic improves. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams from idea to conception, with design at its core. We work on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects that allow our team to gain new experiences, learn and advance their craft.
- Both team-oriented and independent in your ability to support the design of products and experiences across a wide variety of industries.
- Excited about the opportunity to think deeply, problem solve, and be a collaborative member of design-led projects.
- Able to communicate ideas and findings effectively in presentations/meetings, adapting style and detail level to client and project needs.
- An advocate for users and the use of data in the design and product development process.
- Experienced in both traditional UX and HCI design practices, as well as quantitative or qualitative tools/approaches for gathering insights from clients or users.
- Well-versed in a wide variety of research methodologies and tasks, including early research planning, timeline management, user recruitment, interviewing, usability testing, and crafting insights into high-fidelity polished presentations.
- Able to present research findings in a confident and clear manner with rationale for research methodologies, insights, and decisions related to any product recommendations.
- 7+ years of relevant experience working in design research within product development groups
- BA/BS in Human Factors, HCI, Data Sciences, Industrial Design, UX Design or related training
- Proficiency with development of user research and validation study plans
- Experience running interviews and focus group sessions
- Ability to synthesize research results into clear, concise, and polished deliverables
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work on and complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion
- Enthusiasm to adapt to diverse projects and clients, from med-tech to industrial to consumer electronics
An intimate, open studio that runs on coffee and camaraderie. You’ll fit in great here if you’re passionate, hard-working and don’t take yourself too seriously. Learn more about us at www.tactileinc.com.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of the Tactile team please send us a note and your credentials at firstname.lastname@example.org.