The Johnson & Johnson (J&J) Medical Devices Industrial Design & Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking an exceptional multidimensional UX/UI designer that has a passion for designing holistic systems that create a unified user experience across both digital and physical assets. Our global Design and Human Factors team focuses specifically on advancing the needs of the Healthcare Industry by placing our users at the center of our design process. We design solutions that span the full episode of care and balance the needs of various users; surgeons, hospital staff, patients and caregivers. Our team is comprised of Industrial Designers, Human Factors Engineers, UX/Interaction Designers, Information Designers and Design Strategists in over seven locations around the world. Our team partners with R&D and Marketing to create innovative human-centered design solutions that have the global reach to change the lives of billions of people around the world and profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
As a Senior UX/UI designer on our team, you will be expected to execute and evangelize best in class UX/UI design solutions, work alongside other UX/UI designers or independently. Our designers collaborate and partner across all phases of the design journey from needs definition through ensuring design intent is maintained through launch. Our team environment is collaborative, diverse, supporting and committed to harnessing the power of design embedded with superb usability to improve the quality of people’s lives while changing the trajectory of healthcare.
- BS/BA Degree in User Experience Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, Industrial Design or a similar relevant field.
- Post-Graduate Degrees are a plus .
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in UX/UI product development is required
- Experience participating in activities as such; competitive UX benchmarking, generative wireframing to determine context hierarchy based on user workflow, composing compelling visual storyboards, developing mid to high fidelity UX prototypes for both physical and/or digital assets, conducting user testing and partnering to generate product animations highly preferred
- Experience in integrating software and hardware design to ensure a consistent holistic experience is preferred
- Strong systems-thinking with the ability to organize complex data into useful and usable information
- Proficiency with design and rapid-prototyping tools is required
- Experience in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Suite, etc preferred
- Experience collaborating with Product Managers, Marketing and R&D to translate user needs into physical and/or digital assets that are built upon best in class usably guidelines and brand considerations
- Partnering with cross-functional colleagues to design and prepare user test studies to gather and refine design interactions
- The ability to strategically manage numerous initiatives with various objectives while driving for usability or brand consistency is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
*portfolio will be requested
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.