Bryght Labs is seeking an experienced and driven Senior UX/UI Designer to join our core team. We are a fast-growing KC area Startup composed of experienced innovators, engineers, and designers producing world-class consumer electronics hardware. We identify market opportunities, craft concepts, and bring successful products to life.
We blend high-tech components into physical products to create engaging new ways to learn and experience STEM games. As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you will have the opportunity to lead the design of user experiences and interface design on physical devices, companion apps, and the complex relationship that exists between them.
Our first product, ChessUp, is a connected chess board with a built-in chess instructor that has raised more than $2 million in crowdfunding. It allows everyone, novice to master, to enjoy chess while improving.
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and UI prototypes
• Work with software engineering to balance design intent with engineering requirements
• Collaborate with chess talent to craft an in-app lesson library experience and format
• Navigate trade-offs with hardware engineering and industrial design during new product
• Develop UI deliverables from concept all the way to final production
• Support other graphic design related needs such as illustrations for social media, blog posts,
emails, and web
• Help shape the culture of a company with design driven innovation in its DNA
• 7+ years experience in UX/UI design
• Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or
equivalent experience in a related field
• Demonstrable UI and visual design skills with a strong portfolio
• Capable of rapid iteration, feedback cycles, and experimentation
• Up to date with the latest latest UX/UI trends, techniques, and technologies
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and other visual design and wireframing tools
• A passion and desire for continuously learning and sharpening your skills
• Ability to work in person, out of our headquarters in Lenexa, Kansas.
Bryght Labs offers competitive pay, full benefits, and significant stock options for early hires in on the ground floor. We have a dynamic work environment where all team members have a voice in the strategic decisions of the company. There is ample opportunity for professional growth.
Apply or inquire for more information by emailing email@example.com
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.