The Johnson & Johnson (J&J) Medical Devices Industrial Design & Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking a multidimensional UX/UI designer with a passion for designing holistic systems that create a unified user experience across both digital and physical assets. Our global Design and Human Factors team focuses specifically on advancing the needs of the Healthcare Industry by placing our users at the center of our design process.
We design solutions that span the full episode of care and balance the needs of surgeons, hospital staff, patients and caregivers. Our team is comprised of Industrial Designers, Human Factors Engineers, UX/Interaction Designers, Information Designers and Design Strategists in over five locations around the world.
We partner with R&D and Marketing to create innovative human-centered design solutions that have the global reach to change the lives of billions of people around the world and profoundly improve the trajectory of health for humanity.
- Partner with your fellow IDHF and cross-functional colleagues to define contextual needs and workflow prioritization for GUI and hardware
- Stay abreast of industry trends and evolving UI/UX practices
- Function as a key contributor to our J&J Medical Device UI/UX Committee to elevate and harmonize UI/UX principles
- Collaborate and partner across all phases of the design journey from needs definition through ensuring design intent is maintained through launch
- Offer strategic, systems-level thinking while also being able to execute and evangelize best in class UX/UI design solutions
- BS/BA Degree in User Experience Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, Industrial Design or a similar relevant field.
- Post-Graduate Degrees are a plus and will be considered as part of the applicant’s professional experience.
Experience and Skills Required/Preferred:
- Extensive previous and relevant experience in UX/UI product development
- Experience participating in activities as such; competitive UX benchmarking, generative wireframing to determine context hierarchy based on user workflow, composing compelling visual storyboards, developing mid to high fidelity UX prototypes for both physical and/or digital assets, conducting user testing and partnering to generate product animations
- Experience in integrating software and hardware design to ensure a consistent and holistic experience
- Ability to visualize and prototype compelling UI concepts
- Strong systems-thinking with the ability to organize complex data into useful and usable information
- Proficiency with design and rapid-prototyping tools such as: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, OmniGraffle, Figma, HTML, etc.
- Experience collaborating with Product Managers, Marketing and R&D to translate user needs into physical and/or digital assets that are built upon best in class usably guidelines and brand considerations
- Partnering with cross-functional colleagues to design and prepare user test studies to gather and refine design interactions
- The ability to strategically manage numerous initiatives with various objectives while driving for usability or brand consistency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What type of mark will YOU make?
By joining Johnson & Johnson you will find boundless opportunities to craft your path & amplify your impact inside & outside our walls. And with our commitment to be the world’s healthiest workforce you can strengthen your body as well and your mind. When you work with us you can touch over a Billion lives worldwide every day. And when you apply your talent to our collective purpose there’s no end to the lasting impact we can make together. And that changes everything.
What’s in it for YOU?
It’s vital to us that you feel you can bring your whole self to work; at J&J we provide an environment for you to fulfil your career aspirations as well as promoting your physical and mental wellbeing. You will receive a competitive wage and benefits package as well as benefits that can be tailored to what is valuable to you throughout different stages of your life. Examples of this include: online Digital GP, private healthcare, Retail Vouchers, Discounted & Subsidised Gym memberships and you can get to support community projects as part of our global Corporate Social Responsibility programme.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each
Committed to caring
Responsible to our communities
Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
Unique in our background and experiences
The drivers of our own success
Passionate about doing what’s right
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.