Job Purpose Statement:
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate that will be responsible for the conception and realization of User Interface Design projects in the cooking category for our Bosch and Thermador Home Appliance brands in North America. This position will be pivotal in the long-term development of the user experience and interaction with our appliances. This role will include detailed hands-on User Interface design and developing our UI strategy. She/he will drive UI design based on consumer needs, conduct usability testing, manage external firms for UI prototyping and design specification, and work with our software development teams to ensure the quality of implementation.
Director, Industrial Design
- Translate consumer insights into UI design proposals.
- Lead usability testing on low and high fidelity UI prototypes.
- Manage external User Interface design firms to develop User Interface concepts, prototypes, and detailed UI design specifications including screen designs, pixel location of assets, fonts, animations, and sounds for transfer and implementation by software development teams.
- Work with software development teams to ensure implementation and quality of design.
- Collaborate with the Industrial Design team to implement UI in context of the total product experience.
- Trend scouting and identification of emerging UI/UX trends and technologies.
- Recommend and develop tools and best practices for UI design work.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. A Bachelor’s Degree in fields related to User Interface Design or User Experience Design preferred.
- 4+ years of experience.
- Extensive computer knowledge of UI software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, or Figma
- Knowledge of consumer research, usability testing, design thinking, and UX methodologies.
- Experience with embedded user interfaces or industrial design background is a plus.
- Capable of working on multiple UI design projects
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Optimistic, creative and motivating personality with good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be team oriented and flexible.
- Highly organized with exceptional planning capabilities.
- Ability to moderate group discussions.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision, handle multiple tasks, and be prompt in meeting deadlines.
- Motivation to take on greater responsibilities over time with a positive attitude.
- Travel required approximately 15% (Domestic & International).
- We are currently working mostly at home during the pandemic. When it is safe to do so this position will split their time working from home and working from our office in Irvine, CA.
- Candidate must submit a resume and User Interface design portfolio as a pdf or web-link for consideration.
- Deadline for applications is Sunday, December 6th, 2020.
- A comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, holidays, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, educational assistance and a 401(k) plan.
• Candidate must submit a resume and User Interface design portfolio as a pdf or web-link for consideration. Maximum file size is 3mb.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.