We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What you’ll be doing
At Simplii Financial, we provide personalized, simple, yet flexible digital experiences for our clients, and accelerate revenue growth for OUR bank. Imagine a role where you are responsible for building banking experiences for a digital bank! As part of the Simplii digital experience and design team within the Direct Financial Services Capital Markets Division, you will work alongside CX, digital strategy, and technology delivery team to build enhancements and deliver a best-in-class digital customer experience for the Simplii online and mobile banking platforms.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. You’ll have the flexibility to manage your work activities within a hybrid work arrangement where you’ll spend 1-3 days per week on-site, while other days will be remote.
- You are enrolled in a degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Interaction Design, or a related field at the time of the work term.
- Please include your resume (no more than 2 pages), a cover letter (no more than 1 page), and your most recent unofficial transcript with your application. These should all be uploaded into the Resume section of your application
- Work Location: Toronto.
- Duration of Work Term: 12 months (September 2023 – August 2024)
- Please note, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
How you’ll succeed
• Research - You will plan and execute usability testing & stakeholder/user interviews with the intention of incorporating the feedback into concept and/or application development.
• Project Delivery - You will define and deliver design components and deliverables (e.g. wireframes, mockups, user workflows, and interaction rules) by working collaboratively with key team members from various disciplines (e.g. editorial content, business analysis/product, development & quality assurance) within an agile/iterative design & development environment where timely delivery of design deliverables is critical.
• Creativity - You’ll use your creative thinking skill to to develop innovative and new solutions.
• Communication - Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will be put to use to allow successful collaboration while working remotely in a team.
• Time Management - You’ll have the opportunity to help manage multiple concurrent objectives, project, groups and activities, while prioritizing and allocating time effectively.
Who you are
• You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take initiative, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
• You can demonstrate experience in or knowledge of Figma, Adobe CC, user-centered design principles, UX research methods, native mobile and responsive design, inclusive design and WCAG accessibility standards.
• You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
• You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
• You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
• Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers?
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What you need to know
• CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
• You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.