What You’ll Do
The Sr. Graphic Designer will conceptualize, design and implement strategic on-brand solutions for digital and print projects which often have a high degree of visibility and complexity. This person will work as part of a large cross-functional team and will be responsible for art direction and creation of assets for the Funko DTC business, as well as mentoring junior members of the design team. They must possess the ability to communicate design process and elements in a clear, concise, and objective manner. The Sr. Graphic Designer should be a self-starter who is able to manage multiple concurrent projects, manage their own deadlines, and delegate production tasks to junior designers as needed. Strong attention to detail and quality are required while working efficiently in this “Funko-fast” paced environment.
Your Superpowers in Action
- Create digital and print design for a range of projects, including but not limited to: website banners, landing pages, digital advertising media, social media graphics (static and animated), packaging, in-store materials, toolkits, key art, sales and promotional materials, brand books, and more.
- Assist with development of the brand’s digital identity, creating templates, brand guidelines, and more in partnership with eCommerce and Brand Marketing leadership.
- Provide guidance and direction to the rest of the graphic design practice within Funko.
- Partner with the Brand Marketing team to approach projects with a strategic mindset leveraging insights, tapping into cultural trends and blending design wizardry to deliver creative that is breakthrough and connects with our consumers.
- Adapt brand and product activation initiatives to the digital space.
- Work effortlessly across our portfolio of brands leveraging defined identity systems, typography, and voice to deliver creative solutions that are unique to each brands objectives and strategy.
- Pitch and present work and be able to clearly communicate concept rationales.
- Establish and maintain efficient and scalable production of all digital & print assets throughout design team — re: templates, resizing and versioning.
- Work with eCommerce and Digital teams, as well as external developers & vendors, to ensure brand and creative consistency across all consumer touch points.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion; delegating tasks as needed.
Must-Have Superhero Gadgetry
- 5+ years’ experience as a Graphic Designer, Content Producer, or similar Visual Development, preferably for a fashion, consumer product, or lifestyle company.
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or similar.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) is a must; working knowledge of video programs such as Adobe Premier or After Effects are a plus. Understanding of eCommerce platforms such as Salesforce is highly preferred.
- A keen eye for detail and a well-developed artistic and creative aesthetic.
- Strong sense of urgency with an ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changes in social media, commerce and marketing platforms.
- Possess a strong desire to learn new technologies, the curiosity to figure out how things work, and a passion for improving the software experience of end users.
- A complete portfolio of visual design examples is a must – we want to see your design style!
Compensation & Benefits
Funko offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits and a 401(K) plan with matching contributions from the company. The starting base salary range for this position in the selected city is $73,000 - $92,000 annually. ?Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role is eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives.
Funko is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This position is based in Everett, Washington. A hybrid model can be accommodated from our Everett, WA; Burbank, CA; or San Diego, CA offices.
What Funko Offers
Funko offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits and a 401(K) plan with matching contributions from the company. Most importantly, we offer a creative work environment with people who love pop culture just as much as you do. Can’t wait to gush about your latest binge? Neither can we! Looking for a place where your favorite pop culture t-shirt will receive the compliments it deserves? We know how you feel!
Funko is an equal opportunity employer. We know that every superhero has a unique origin story and the diversity of these stories enrich what we do. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.