Creative Plastics, a designer and manufacturer of award winning, quality displays for a variety of markets, including retailers in the Health & Beauty sector is seeking a Senior Design Engineer. As a Sr Design Engineer with Creative Plastics, you will utilize SolidWorks to produce detailed drawings and instructions for displays and fixtures for a variety of retailers in the Health and Beauty / Point of Purchase market. Our products are manufactured in our state-of-the-art production facilities utilizing the latest technologies.
• Utilizes SolidWorks to develop designs for displays and fixtures for the Health & Beauty category based on the direction/feedback of the Customer and Account Team.
• Reviews designs with the team members (account/ design / engineering / project management / production) to assure all pertinent current details are properly captured and then completes the print package so that the product is ready to be manufactured.
• Assures displays meet the specification of the customer and are mechanically sound and designed for manufacturability.
• Creates 3-dimensional computer mock ups of parts and assemblies that make up a project using SolidWorks.
• Creates detailed 2D drawings with all dimensions, specifics, and notes required to properly manufacture parts and assemblies.
• Coordinate with the production team and work directly with vendors to ensure quality of product, efficiency of assembly, and organization of workflow.
• Communicate with production, sales, and customer to create and improve designs.
• Helps create planograms to showcase design concepts to customers and assist sales team.
• Mentor junior level engineers by teaching them best practices.
• Use extensive problem-solving skills to create original and innovative solutions.
• Create graphic art and size files using Adobe Illustrator for clients so they can lay out artwork.
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, or related field.
• 5-8 years’ experience in a design engineering role.
• Extensive experience in SolidWorks; SolidWorks certification strongly preferred.
• Adobe Illustrator experience a plus.
• Extensive understanding of drawing, engineering, and industry standards.
• Extremely proficient on 3D design software.
• High level of creativity and problem-solving skills.
• Significant technical engineering experience and knowledge of advanced technology and engineering practices.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Flexibility to adapt to deadlines, changing schedules, priorities, and unpredictable events within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
High Level of Knowledge of the Following Engineering Manufacturing Methods:
• Acrylic Fabrication
• Sheet metal
• Plastic & Aluminum Extrusions
• Vacuum Forming
• CNC machining
• Plastic Injection molding a plus
CP is a division of the Marketing Alliance Group (MAG) family of companies.
Quick facts on MAG: Capabilities Include:
• 1,500+ employees
• 4 million + square feet of state of the art manufacturing space • Fabrication (Metal, Wood, Acrylic)
• Plastics (Injection, Extrusion)
• Printing (Digital, Offset, Screen)
• Sampling & Fulfillment
Apply online at: www.mktalliance.com/careers
Marketing Alliance Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please email cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples to Stuart Nelson, Corporate Recruiter