Who Are We:
The people here at Puffco don’t just create products — we create behavior changing experiences for a community in the millions that is growing every day. The mentality that drives the leadership at Puffco is based on passion and obsession, never by obligation. The excitement of a new idea turning into a tangible product that changes people’s lives is a gift that we cherish daily.
Puffco has already produced the most awarded devices ever in our space but for us this is just the beginning. What we’ve created is truly special and we’re looking for special people to help shape the future of our industry. Join Puffco and you join a family and a community that you can directly impact. The possibilities are limitless and the results dependent on how deep you care to dive in.
Some Of What We Have Achieved:
- Listed by MG Magazine as one of the 50 best companies to work for.
- Nominated for Engadget’s “Best Of CES”
- Featured on Vice, Netflix, HBO, and were one of the only products ever to be featured on the Cover of High Times magazine.
- Written about in Forbes, Rolling Stone, Billboard Magazine, and several other publications.
- Released the first-ever smart rig, the Puffco Peak, a milestone in consumer electronics, creating an unrivaled consumer experience and massive appeal.
- Expanded our distribution to more than 51 different countries, leaving a global impression.
- Awarded four Clio Awards in 2020 including a Grand Clio. (Social Good, Film/Video Craft, Product/Service Innovation, Social Media.)
- Extensive philanthropic efforts & giving back programs. We believe in putting our money and our manpower where our mouths are.
Who You Are:
We are looking for an ambitious individual who is innovative, forward thinking, and resourceful. You'll need to be passionate, motivated, and exceptionally committed to your trade. Puffco is a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and those whose skillsets are impeccably organized and detail-oriented thrive. We here at Puffco possess these qualities and if you do too, then come join our team!
What’s the Role About:
Puffco is looking for a creative Senior Industrial Designer to elevate our product design in unique ways. As a member of the Product Development team, you will work alongside talented engineers and designers and often collaborate with Special Projects and the CEO. This role requires a passion for style, creative concepting, and CMF. You will be responsible for stretching the imagination of what our products can be and turning them into highly sought-after collectables for our engaged and growing community.
Some things you will be responsible for:
- Effectively articulate your design rationale both visually and orally.
- Provide innovative design solutions for new and existing products
- Conduct customer and market research
- Work closely with project leads, engineers, and designers from initial concept to execution and refinement.
- Maintain a high attention to detail.
- Utilize premium CMFs to enhance the product, based on current and emerging technologies.
- Find new ways to connect front-end trends with back-end manufacturing processes.
- Follow the design process to refine concepts while getting buy in from the team along the way.
- Sketch and render to quickly concept and ideate.
- Utilize CAD, rapid prototyping, and model making skills to bring concepts to life.
- Consistently ideate and pitch new ways of creating impactful work.
- Great ideas are just the beginning. Possessing a passion for bringing creative to life with a high level of polish is required. This includes possessing a strong sensibility for art direction and design with an elevated level of taste.
- Passion for innovating industry trends through product.
Some qualifications and skills we need you to have:
- Must have an online portfolio to apply
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design/Product Design
- 5+ years experience working in product design.
- Thrive in fast paced and creative environments.
- A strong proficiency in 3D Modeling complex surfaces, Key Shot and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong artistic skills, including sculpting and sketching capabilities.
- You are passionate about CMF
- Strong understanding of rapid prototyping and manufacturing processes
- You have the ability to move several ideas forward in tandem and manage your own bandwidth efficiently.
- Your interests outside of work help to inform your own aesthetic and identity. You have a sense of personal aesthetic, refined taste, and a discerning eye for what’s dope.
- Ability to work autonomously.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive pay, 401K, Medical/Dental/ Vision/Life coverage, Flexible Time-Off
- Amazing pet friendly office in LA Center Studios with a fun casual and comfortable work environment
- Snacks, lunches, retreats, and SO much more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Puffco strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.?Puffco’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Puffco may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.