One World Technologies, Inc. dba TTI Power Equipment, has an opening in its Anderson, SC office for a Senior Industrial Designer with the ability to develop and implement distinctive solutions in a competitive industry. Techtronic Design International (TDI) is a creative team within TTIPE developing power tool and outdoor products for brands such as RYOBI, RIDGID, HART, HOMELITE. TDI operates in a fast paced, intense environment where the scale and variety of our product portfolio demands that every design aspect contribute value to customers. We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package -- tuition assistance, 401(k), medical/dental/vision coverage, vacation and holidays.
TDI is searching for passionate, driven and creative hands-on Senior Industrial Designer to join our award-winning product development team in the Anderson, South Carolina studio. Candidates must have the ability to envision future products while working within a diverse multi-disciplinary team. They must have the ability to deliver Solidworks CAD surfacing with manufacturing requirements incorporated. Additionally, these individuals must be able to articulate initiatives through strong visual and verbal communications. Designers must possess in-depth understanding of design integration in the business environment and the ability to lead complex programs collaborating with internal and external global teams.
• Delivery of highly refined 3D CAD models and supporting documentation to communicate Industrial Design intent
• Implement the managements objectives of the organization in terms of short range and long-range planning of markets, products, sales and profits.
• Provide creative design leadership for the contribution of Industrial Design to the quality and profitability of the business.
• Research, plan and produce holistic design concepts and specifications that optimize the physical design of products.
• Drive innovation and integration of new technologies and Industrial Design practice into projects and activities in the design organization.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• 4-year degree in Industrial Design
• 4-7+years of experience in industrial setting; industrial design, product development or engineering function
Knowledge and Skill
• Excellent 3D CAD surfacing and modeling skills (Solidworks required)
• Familiar with manufacturing/tooling considerations
• Flexible, Self-driven, organized and strong initiative
• Strong verbal and visual presentation skills
• Able to work independently, as well as within a coordinated team environment
• Able to receive and give critical creative criticism
• Keen sensitivity to form, proportion and detail
• Appreciation for beauty + mechanical innovation
• Strong conceptual sketching skills
• Adobe Creative Suite expertise (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign)
• Knowledgeable of marketplace and product trends
• Experience with human factors and ergonomics
• Able to specify and document colors, finishes, materials, textures and processes
• Able to work within established visual brand languages
• Able to utilize/ translate user-based research data into viable design solutions
• Personal interest in home improvement and related equipment a plus
• Mentorship of new designers