The Staff Graphic Designer researches, visualizes, and executes our Graphics & Branding team’s projects, as they are assigned. This work is done through reference gathering, industry trend analysis, ideation sketching, digital visualization techniques, web design and coding, print and other production methods, UI/UX development, and vendor sourcing. This position supports fellow staff and junior GD team members when individuals are struggling with their work, or would benefit from outside perspective or training on technique, visual language, or design execution.
This role requires proficiency and prior experience in the technical, interpersonal, and communication skills required to produce top- quality work in our industry. Direction will be received from our Creative Director and senior team members on industry trends, emergent techniques and software, and best practices in Graphic Design.
This position reports to our GD team’s Project Manager, and is accountable to that person for real-time communication and high- quality creative output. This role will receive direction from our Creative Director, and input on vision and technique from our Senior Graphic Designers, but is accountable to our Project Manager for deliverables and project-based deadlines.
Success in this Position
Success in this position requires realistic forecasting and reporting of workload, and the ability to realistically accommodate or flag requests from our Project Manager in real time. A fit requires total clarity on our company’s core values and culture, exemplary creative work, and clear, proactive communication with our leadership and creative teams. This role will contribute to our studio environment, team culture, and overall success as a business.
• Contribution to the achievement of the company’s strategic and operational objectives
• A practical understanding of project requirements and their translation into design intent
• Creative project execution
• Coordination with internal team members, contractors, vendors, and other industry partners
• Proficiency in design research, user profiling, and reference collection
• Proficiency in front end web design and backend web coding
• Proficiency in ideation sketching and other visualization techniques
• Proficiency in graphics industry software
• Excellent organizational habits and abilities and the capacity to manage a heavy workload
• Interest and desire to mentor and guide others
• Aptitude in on-the-fly decision-making and problem-solving
• Participation in general office tasks such as scheduling, organization, filing, clean-up, phone calls, and email correspondence
• Participation in travel for client meetings, industry events, and company outings
We require submission of your résumé and a strong portfolio of your best work in web + mobile app design, brand building, print design, and most importantly, your design process. Please send these items to email@example.com.
Portfolios should be a link to an online collection of work, or a PDF less than 25MB.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.