What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
As a Design Director overseeing all Psyonix games, you will have responsibility for the growth, effectiveness, and welfare of the entire design discipline across our multiple projects and initiatives.
Working with senior leadership, you will carry the game's vision and company goals forward while making hard calls on quality and priorities, and above all be creatively excited and engaged in creating unforgettable and fun experiences for our players.
In this role, you will
- Manage design leadership on Rocket League and other projects in the Psyonix portfolio
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of leaders to guide and uphold a vision and business goals across the Rocket League franchise
- Guide ongoing efforts to integrate Rocket League into a deeply interconnected ecosystem with Fortnite and other Epic products
- Provide expert advice, guidance and feedback to senior design team members when sought and when you think necessary. You are ultimately responsible for the quality of work and processes within design.
- Work with production, discipline leads, and HR to manage staffing, team growth, career development, and major studio or franchise milestone planning
- Use your wealth of experience and strong communication skills to inspire multiple project teams internally - fostering good working practices and a positive, collaborative working environment
- Uphold Epic’s design and gameplay quality bar while fostering curiosity and heathy risk taking
What we're looking for
- Experience leading game teams from a director or other high level design leadership perspective
- A deep understanding of what makes games tick at all levels, with a particular focus on what makes them fun immersive experiences
- Passion and excitement for applying yourself to highly complicated problem spaces
- Excellent soft skills; you are able to navigate the day to day ups and downs of working with a large team across many disciplines and locations with ease
- An up to date knowledge of design trends and the commercial aspect of video-games – the ability to understand and articulate the relevance of these to your own work; proven experience in working with Product Managers and teams, and ability to use expertise and knowledge to empower decision making to directors and leads
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
California Base Pay Range