- This is an on-site position in Jersey City, NJ.
- Please apply only via the email address provided or your application will not be considered.
- Must include portfolio, link, or relevant samples of your work with your application.
As a Surface Print Designer for Windham Fabrics/Whistler Studios, you will design prints for quilting fabric collections and collaborate with other talented designers in a lively, creative environment.
- Create dynamic layouts, recolor prints, execute repeats, color-separate, and refine artwork for production-ready files.
- Refine your skills and master new ones under the dedicated leadership of the Studio Manager and Chief Creative Officer.
- Work alongside and learn from accomplished designers from leading art and design schools.
- Participate in discussions, research, and presentation of original print ideas within the design team.
- Interpret guidelines to create original artwork aligned with Windham’s customer needs and current market trends.
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure a consistent design aesthetic across fabric collections, sales materials, website visuals, and social media.
- Operate and oversee large format printers, manage standard studio responsibilities, balance workloads, and adapt to new tasks.
- Communicate effectively with your team whether working in the studio or independently.
- Hybrid schedule available but expected to be in the studio 3-4 days a week.
- 3+ years experience on an in-house creative team is preferred; in the quilting and/or fabric design industry is a plus.
- Recent graduates/less experienced also welcome to apply.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC.
- Familiarity with Wacom Tablet for digital design.
- Skill in creating repeats, color separating, and preparing art for production-ready files.
- Proficient in both hand drawing/painting and computer illustration techniques.
- Strong visual design portfolio showcasing a keen sense of design execution.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work confidently and build trusted relationships within design teams and with external partners.
- Genuine passion for print, quilting, and design.
Salary range of $50,000 - $65,000
Paid holidays and PTO
Medical, dental and vision insurance available
Company matched 401K plan