Lifetime Brands is a leading global provider of housewares with an emphasis in non-electric kitchen products and tableware. The Seattle branch is looking for an experienced Industrial Designer to join the in-house design team as a temporary member. We are looking for an innovative designer with the knowledge and fortitude to turn concepts/ideas into a production ready reality!
This role is currently scheduled for a duration of 3 months.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing innovative concepts across multiple brands with varying timelines
- Trend/Market analysis, Concept development, Sketching, Prototyping, 3D CAD modeling and Rendering
- Collaborating with multiple teams to develop amazing new concepts that will be developed into future hydration, Bar/Wine and houseware products
- Upholding organizational/structural standards of the Product Development department to help support collective teamwork and project hand-offs
- Collaborates well in group settings and with cross-functional team members
- The ability to work in fast paced environments and with a willingness to jump into projects with minimal background
- Visually and verbally communicates ideas effectively, with a knack for creative thinking and problem solving
- An agile thinker. Can work on multiple projects at once while jump back and forth between brands
- Strong sense of aesthetic and attention to detail, with a general understanding of mechanics
- Self-motivated and organized
- Passionate about design with a willingness to explore constructive feedback
- An aptitude for data driven problem solving
- Possesses a positive/collaborative attitude that helps encourage a culture of creativity!
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or equivalent
- 5+ years of Industrial Design experience and consumer product development. A background in housewares is a plus
- Must be experienced in programs such as Solidworks, Adobe Suites (Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign), Sketchbook Pro, and Keyshot
- Proficiency in Trend/Market Research, Image board collaboration, Sketching/Ideation, - Prototyping/Proof of concept, and 3D CAD Modeling.
Must submit a cover letter, resume and a portfolio demonstrating examples of design thinking and skill sets. Please provide a link or upload a PDF no larger than 10 MB of your work/portfolio for review.