JMP Creative, a company unlike any other, is seeking a full-time Toy Product Designer with the experience, attributes and vision to create awesome toy ideas and make the concept come to life through various stages of development. This position includes a competitive salary and benefits package (medical, dental, 401K).
Required Experience & Attributes
• Toy industry knowledge and proven experience (minimum 5 years)
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (e.g., Industrial Design, Toy Design, Engineering)
• Strong understanding of toy play patterns, features and mechanics
• Prototyping physical models and strong design skills
• Creative thinking within a collaborative team setting
• Keen insights for market, consumer, technology and cultural trends
• Strong understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
• Proficient in 3D product design software and use of 3D printers
• Able to work in Photoshop & Illustrator
• Time management between varying deadlines
• Eager and able to work within a team environment
• Attentive to detail
• Product ideation and development
• Conceptual sketches and renderings
• Development of toy play patterns and key features
• Technical drawings
• Character design
• Prototyping and 3D modeling
• Materials selection with costing controls
• Problem-solving for design issues
• Specification packages
• Industry and competitive research
How to Apply
For our consideration, you must demonstrate that you possess the experience, traits and attributes we’re seeking by providing a résumé in PDF format, to include a link to your online portfolio. We will only accept applications via email, as in-person applications will not be accepted.
Based in Orange County, California, JMP Creative is a world-class invention and product development company specializing in the toy industry. The team consists of product developers, designers, marketers, social media specialists and more. We offer a unique and refreshing culture, and work both as a family and support group. We’re the opposite of the slow-moving corporate world. We have the latest and greatest tools and technologies at our disposal, and our facility is nothing like anything you’ve ever experienced!
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.