The UX Designer will report to the User-Centered Design Team manager. The team consists of a Product Manager, Product Owner, Tech Lead, UX Designer, Software Engineers and possibly a Quality Assurance Specialist.
1. Manage all aspects of the user experience on projects
2. Define user goals and needs using industry-standard UX research methodology
3. Document research findings through personas, mental models, etc.
4. Iteratively create and validate well-structured, easy-to-use designs that meet both user needs and business/project goals
5. Document design decisions in sketches, wireframes, interactive mockups, workflows, etc.
6. Contribute to and help maintain Samtec’s UI design standards
7. Work with Product Owners and Managers to define, refine, and prioritize product backlogs and to inform
8. Work with Solution Architects to ensure technical feasibility of all designs
9. Work with other UX Designers on the User-Centered Design Team to ensure cross-product and cross-domain UX consistency
The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.
1. 3+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer or similar role
2. Passion for User Experience and web/UI technologies
3. Competence in the full UX process, from research to design and validation
4. Demonstrated experience in creating clean, minimalist designs
5. Experience with design software such as Axure or Adobe CC
6. Strong understanding of the software development process and Agile methodologies
7. Proactivity and the ability to successfully conduct UX work with minimal supervision
8. Ability to productively collaborate on cross-functional teams, with other Designers, and with all levels of the organization, including external vendors
9. A flexible, win/win-oriented attitude
10. Portfolio of appropriate case studies