We are looking for a User Experience (UX) Lead to ideate, sell in, and deliver outstanding digital user experiences that are fully integrated into physical and digital environments.
Our clients are household brand names who commission us to design and build experiences that truly differentiate them in the marketplace.
You are both visionary (aware of the latest thinking in UX best practice) and practical (able to build quick, working prototypes that our very visual clients will be entranced by). One without the other is no good – Imagination team members in every discipline blend both roles, and this is no exception.
You will be part of the compact Technology Team within Imagination New York, working alongside two Full Stack Developers, a project management lead, and reporting into our Head of Technology. Every day, you’ll coordinate with account managers, specialist creatives, and production managers (responsible for building physical environments). You’re also likely to work with extended Imagination teams in other parts of the USA and worldwide, as well as networks of subcontractors.
You will collaborate with internal and external teams to understand client business requirements and recommend practical and delightful UX solutions. This might involve:
• Conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, and surveys.
• Translating findings into user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
• Ensuring your work integrates seamlessly with Imagination 3D, 2D and Digital proposals for the project.
• Presenting your work as an integrated part of a multi-disciplinary proposal; listening to client feedback, offering expert advice, and implementing changes.
• Safeguarding the user experience as the integrated project is subjected to scope and budget
changes and modifying it as necessary.
• Conducting user acceptance testing and modifying your work in response.
• Implementing the project on site.
• Learning from in situ use of your work and recommending updates as appropriate.
Experience and Skills Required
• Experience in physical UX (service design) as well as traditional digital UX (website and apps). If you have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments, you go to the front of the line!
• Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to create solutions, with a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
• A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility.
• A clear grasp and proven usage of personas and behavioral data to provide evidence-based experience design.
• A passion for UX, and an ability to convey its transformative effects when applied expertly. Able to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients. Excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
• Able to really hear clients and understand their vision and detailed requirements, and open to feedback and constructive criticism of proposals.
• Able to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently. Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
• Research and showcase knowledge of our industry’s latest trends and technologies, in particular emerging areas such as VR and AR, and how they are affecting and changing user behavior.
Candidates who are not US citizens or US permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.
Imagination is an experience design company founded on the principle of Independent Creativity.
Independent of mind, spirit and action, we remain free to find the right answers to our clients’ strategic and creative challenges.
We build strategies, develop ideas and deliver at scale, creating experiences that change the status quo for some of the world’s most exciting brands - across our core offers of Consulting,
Destinations, Content and Live.
To get to groundbreaking ideas, we start with unexpected combinations. Research shows that the greatest accelerator of creativity is the diversity of talent in the team, and we actively recruit for unique individuals who embody our core beliefs and demonstrate the behaviors that underpin Independent Creativity.
Our Core Beliefs
We have identified four foundational beliefs that underpin Independent Creativity. More powerful than generic corporate values, they motivate us to act, to foster the behaviors that lead to success:
We believe curiosity is the root of original insights and ideas... so we look at the world with fresh eyes, we experiment, invent and up-end conventions.
We believe rigor results in better choices... so we ask precise, provocative questions.
We believe bravery tames the unknown... so we demand ambition, confident that together we can meet ‘never been done before challenges’.
We believe respect builds stronger teams and continued success... so we recognize the uniqueness and unique potential in each individual, we are accountable to each other, we play as a team.
Imagination is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT
Imagination believes that diversity, equity and inclusion are more than just words, and more than a legal framework or a moral obligation - they are guiding principles that, when acted upon, make us stronger, more innovative and more creative as an organization.
We commit to not only significantly increasing our efforts to effect change today, but also to ensure that our efforts will be sustained for the long-term. To support us on this journey we have appointed a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board to help shape our plans to bring about positive change, to help us learn and keep us all moving forward together.
We believe the responsibility for a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace ultimately rests with all of us.
We believe that all employees should feel a sense of belonging at Imagination - regardless of their race, religion or belief, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or background.
We believe racism has no place within our workplace or our work culture and we reject all forms of hatred, prejudice, intolerance and discrimination.
We believe that Black Lives Matter and it is our expectation that all employees become actively committed to making unbiased choices and are anti-racist in everything they do.
Our Imagination community must share and live these beliefs, as diversity makes us stronger.
Our priority is humanity and our efforts toward a more diverse, more equitable and more inclusive workplace are never done.