Design for Context is looking for an experienced UX researcher in the Baltimore / Washington, DC area to join our growing team. We create high-quality user experiences for enterprise and SaaS applications, digital libraries, search user interfaces and mobile apps. We help our clients define product vision, improve workflow, and make complex information clear. We are looking for people who are passionate about what they do, and thrive working collaboratively with other smart people to solve tough challenges.
What will you do?
- Facilitate working sessions with stakeholders to elicit insights, clarify goals, and identify scenarios.
- Plan and facilitate user research; interview users to identify tasks, patterns, and pain points.
- Analyze user research results and draft reports of findings and recommendations.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, developers, architects, and our design team to conceptualize new features, navigation models, business processes, and enhancements for leading-edge products.
- Collaborate with team members to brainstorm alternative approaches to design.
Who are you?
- Experience: 5+ years in user experience research, interaction design and related fields, including experience on Agile projects.
- Creativity: Ability to innovate and solve all sorts of research and design challenges with creativity.
- Analytical skills: Experience conducting user research and business process analysis, including the ability to analyze and document workflows in specialized domains.
- Collaboration: You are enthusiastic about working closely with other UX researchers and designers, graphic designers, developers, and team members, and comfortable working in a distributed, collaborative team environment.
- Attention to detail: Detail-oriented and thorough approach to creating deliverables.
- Communication: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- User-centered perspective: Based on empathy for users and an understanding of business goals, you can advocate for the user and create a vision for a better future.
- Independence: Must be self-directed, confident, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Education: Minimum of BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Information Architecture, or related fields; advanced degree preferred; HFI certification a plus.
This is a part-time position.