We are looking for a talented Designer to join our eCommerce team. Working alongside the Product Manager, your role will be to support the development team with the day-to-day design tasks (mostly UX), and to work with the Product manager on defining overarching solutions in the domain of Order and Delivery in our customer experience stages.
These solutions might include new service/concept development in the domain of order and delivery, complete redesign of the shopping experience, improvements on existing use flows, optimizing user experience based on best practices or Accessibility standards – to name a few.
The Designer and the Product manager work closely together to define innovation opportunities, improvement areas, and new solutions within their domain of focus.
We are looking for a designer, with skills that embodies mostly UX design, with experience with working in the field of service design with its tools and methods.
Laerdal has a mature Design system, which covers the heavy lifting and guidance of the UI components.
Roles and responsibilities of the designer in the team:
• Support the development team with Designs that are ready to be implemented
• User studies and continuous analysis of the experience – identifying gaps, improvement possibilities
• Presentation / visualization of user needs, insights, and requirements
• Conceptual prototyping & mock-ups, wireframes
• Support product managers with prioritization of features and deliverables supported by best practice standards, usability, and user needs.
• Finished interaction design, user flow charts and service blueprints
• Manage user/usability testing and product validation activities
• Collaborate and share with other designers in the Laerdal eco-system
• Master’s degree in Design or related field – human factors, interaction design, product design, service design, etc.
• 3+ years of work experience, in a relevant design position – as service design, UX designer
• Experience in working in a cross functional, cross disciplinary product / service company
• Experience with agile software methodologies and various frameworks
• Lives and breathes design thinking, and has a proven track record of working across the various stages of the design process: from discovery, to needs identification, framing, conceptualization, prototyping, high-quality product delivery, product aftercare and optimization, road-map delivery
• Ability to think in a systemic level, and to oversee ecosystems, and their relationships
• Excellent communication skills, written, visual and verbal: you can convince stakeholders by storytelling and visual skills
• Used to working in design tools like Figma or Mural
• Experience in the design of areas of information architecture, shopping experience, shopping services both for web and mobile is a plus
• Experience with designing for accessibility, with the motivation to make our solutions more inclusive
• Experience with leading workshops, co-creation, and facilitation
Laerdal is a multinational organization, with a global reach. This position and the commerce platform are central to its future operations. For the role and platform to be successful, continuous user research in various countries and user segments are necessary. This role will therefore require the applicant to have the ability to travel and self-organize customer and country visits.
This position is a permanent role, based in Stavanger, Norway.
Ensure you include your portfolio of relevant projects when applying since this is a pre-requisite to apply for this position.
For questions about the position, you can contact Katalin Dòczi, Katalin.Doczi@laerdal.com.
Application deadline is 30th April.