Are you an aware UX / Services designer that want to learn more about healthcare challenges like how we get more people trained to provide high quality care? Wouldn’t it be cool to develop simple, elegant products and solutions to address these challenges? Are you creative and want to put that creativity to use helping others? Then you could be one of our new designers!
As a Laerdal designer, you will work in all stages of the design process, from early phase user research, ideation and concept development, detailed design and specification, and final product testing and validation. Everything we do happens in close loops with our users: Midwives, doctors, nurses and other healthcare experts and personnel. You'll work in an energetic and cross disciplinary team and have a solid and award-winning design group for support.
Typical tasks will be:
- Conduct User Research to deeply understand user needs within the healthcare education field.
- Visualize and communicate findings and insights to the development team.
- Design, prototype and develop complete digital user experiences.
- Plan, perform and document design validation activities.
You are a talented UX/Service designer. You also have a strong interest in related design disciplines, and you enjoy many facets of design work. You have the design process as an integral part of everything you do and engage others in your work methods.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree within UX/ Service Design, with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Profound insight in design methodologies.
- Proven experience identifying user needs and transferring these to product concepts.
- Strong digital prototyping and visualization skills.
- Enthusiasm for creating the best possible user experiences.
- Insights and experience in gamification and app development
- Strong communication skills, fluent English, written and spoken.
If you have worked in healthcare or a healthcare related field, this would be an added plus. We offer competitive and flexible working conditions in beautiful Stavanger, Norway.
Apply by submitting your cover letter, CV and design project examples/ portfolio before 25 April 2021