Johnson Outdoors is looking for a unique individual to work with our multi-discipline UX Design Team responsible for both the UX/UI of the product experience and the 3D product journey. This design role will support UX/UI designers with the product's digital interaction as well as the product's conceptualization, styling, and physical interaction of the product's industrial design.
ESSENTIAL UX/UI RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with UX/UI Designers, Industrial Designers, Product Line Management, and Software Developers to design compelling experiences for native UI platforms, mobile apps, and web development.
- Develop user flow experiences with story boarding and UI prototypes
- Develop UI layouts with custom assets established from product style guides
- Create Design Library of various GUI components to be shared across product ecosystems
- Create compelling touch screen interactions across various UI platforms
- Work with Lead Designer with mobile app development
- Work with Lead Designer with web app development
- Work with Lead Designer with custom OS development for embedded hardware applications.
ESSENTIAL INDUSTRIAL DESIGN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with UX/UI Designers, Industrial Designers, Mechanical Engineers, and Product Line Management, to design technology driven products for the outdoor enthusiast
- Develop brainstorming sketches, CAD, renderings, prototypes, and mock-ups as part of the industrial design ideation process
- Define color, material, and finish specifications for new product concepts.
- Work with contract manufacturers and model makers to order sample parts and prototype components.
We understand this position is a unique opportunity for the designer that wants to work in the UX/UI sandbox without giving up responsibilities of industrial design product development. Candidates might lean towards UX/UI more than ID or vice versa. That is okay. We encourage all to pursue the position that want to accept the challenge of developing design solutions for the entire user experience whether UI or 3D.
- Self starter that can communicate successfully with many different disciplines in the organization in both verbal and written formats
- Good command of visual communication tools such as Illustrator and Photoshop
- 3D CAD surfacing and solid modeling capabilities
- Experience with KeyShot rendering
- Comfort using Adobe XD or Figma
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Knowledge of Mobile App development, can find your way through a Creo CAD assembly, like to be on boats, or can catch a fish from a kayak.
This is a six-month contract position with the possibility of extension or full time employment. We offer a competitive rate structure based on diverse skillset and experience.
Send a resume with a link to your digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be able to legally work in the United States.