Vans: Be a Part of the Original
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the world’s largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Senior Interactive Content Designer: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Here at Vans, our purpose is to enable creative expression - and inspire youth culture - by celebrating and encouraging the Off the Wall attitude that comes from expressing your true self. We are searching for an individual that stands out from the rest and always pursues their own creative passion. As the Sr. Interactive Content Designer, you will be part of the innovative Interactive Design and Development team working alongside your counterparts in Creative and partner with your peers in Marketing. You are a digital designer with best in class graphic design skills and always looking towards the future in digital storytelling. You are able to help push ideas and projects in news ways within the digital landscape. You will lead and inspire a team of designers. You are passionate about design and providing the best user experience across all devices a user may access the web from. You are detail-oriented, process-friendly, and capable of working within tight timelines on multiple projects simultaneously.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Ideate and work with a team of creatives on digital-first global campaigns. Lead and inspire a team of mid-level and Junior designers.
2. Designs UX and UI for landing pages and websites. Creates wireframes, rapid prototypes, user interfaces, and comp designs for mobile, tablet, and desktop.
3. Designs layout and templates for maximum usability and focuses on user experience.
5. Create and concept animated and static assets for social media.
6. Embody and continue elevating a high level of creative excellence for design and digital thinking within the department.
7. Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view. You hire, develop and support a team that reflects our global consumer population.
8. Works with web developers to apply style and user interface design to web applications.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+
Educational/ Position Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field, preferably interaction design, graphic design, computer graphics, information architecture, etc. – or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Expert experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
• Expert experience with Sketch or Adobe XD
• Experience with InVision or After Effects to create interactive prototypes is strongly preferred
• Experience with enterprise Content Management Systems preferably Adobe AEM, CoreMedia
• Experience managing a team of designers.
• Ability to work with Marketing and Ecommerce teams to blend content storytelling with commerce functionality integrated
• Closely follows trends and developments in technology (particularly mobile) and integrates them into our environment and practices
• Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work within tight timelines on multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be detail-oriented, process-friendly
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
• Up to 5% travel time
• Long hours sitting/staring at a computer monitor
• Bend, lift, open and move product and related office items varying in weight from 1 to 25lbs.