The Future of Beauty Is Here. And It's Thrilling. We're looking for innovative thinkers and rebellious spirits to join our team.
The ideal Visual Merchandiser will be passionate about beauty, beauty retailing, success in retail environments, and customer experience. The candidate will have a deep understanding of trends in visual merchandising and retail challenges and concerns.
• Develop creative strategy for visual merchandising at Sephora, Mecca, and other US and international retailers in support of Founder CEO’s brand vision and revenue goals
• Design, develop and produce permanent retail display units (1-or 2-bays, gondolas) and shorter-term retail displays for animations, featured products, cash wrap areas, Beauty on the Fly, holiday displays, and special event displays
• Work with vendors to source best producer of physical displays comparing price, timing, quality
• Manage production to timelines of new product launches of display assets for retailers, supporting timely launch of new products
• Develop and maintain planograms, instruction sheets and visual merchandising related to launches, animations, features, and other displays
• Liaise with development team on execution of system with vendors through the review of engineering drawings, materials samples, production samples and final prototypes.
• Understand budget and timeline factors affecting display production such as freight, routing, import duties, domestic vs imported production, tooling, and volume discounts
• Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams and retail partners to create advantageous and strategic product placement in retail store environments
• Liaise with Operations, Sales, and Marketing to maintain product assortments, updates and new launches.
• Liaise with counterparts at retail partners on review of engineering drawings, samples, and final prototypes.
• Ability to work well in a team environment, contribute ideas, and interact with other departments to obtain and share current information.
• Lead cross-functional meetings pertaining to Visual Merchandising program at retailers
• Maintain a strong understanding of the competitive landscape; staying close to the marketplace, and following brand evolutions
• Frequent field visits; ensuring flawless execution of planograms and understanding merchandising unit function, wear, and effectiveness.
• Keen awareness of current trends in visual arts and design, fashion and beauty.
• Must have experience designing and project managing visual merchandising programs for Sephora and Mecca, and smaller format retailers
• Must have a passion for beauty and overall trends/brands
• They must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketchup, AutoCad, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, GSuite environment
• Must have strong project management skills and comfort in managing multiple timelines concurrently
• Adaptive and effective communication skills with ability to articulate ideas and concepts clearly and accurately to cross functional partners.
• Must be able to work independently and be flexible
• Travel in the US and internationally, approximately quarterly
Thank you for your interest in Kosas!