Senior Manager, Usability and Design
Apr 2014 - Apr 2015 (1 year)
Managing a team of UX and Visual Designers across domains and projects for Globallogic.
- Mentor team and fulfil their aspirations and align them to projects
- Work with key strategic partners towards evangelising UX for their projects
- Work towards POCs and other activities for extending the organization's business
Independent Design Consultant
Nov 2013 - Apr 2014 (5 months)
Enriching user experience and defining UX strategies for various products across domains and platforms as an independent ux consultant.
Head of UI and VD
Jul 2011 - Nov 2013 (2 years 4 months)
Practiced UX Design Methodologies to define user experience of Live TV & On-Demand VOD Streaming products across mobile, web, desktop, large-screens for Apalya’s B2B as well as B2C products (both Indian and International) including Airtel Mobile TV, Vodafone TV, Idea TV etc.
- Built & Led a UX team to support all product inception and development activities.
- Led a creative team with the responsibility of managing promotional creative for Apalya’s products across platforms.
- Hired and coordinated 3rd parties for several design + development projects for getting increasing efficiency during tighter deadlines.
- Worked at strategic level implementing processes and frameworks thereby bringing down iterations by atleast 50%.
- Worked at an individual contributor level performing design activities that got several recognitions to Apalya’s products internally as well as externally.
Principal Usability Designer
Jun 2010 - Jun 2011 (1 year)
Established UX Practice at Progress for their Eclipse based products on Enterprise Integration and Complex Event Processing products, and integrated UX practices inline with their SDLC.
- Worked at a strategic level defining long-term vision goals for their products.
- Defined framework and UI guidelines for consistent UX across products/platforms.
- Sensitized and trained developers on usability and its importance enabling them to handle smaller changes at their level comfortably thereby reducing turnaround time.
Senior Usability Designer
Apr 2009 - May 2010 (1 year 1 month)
Introduced Usability/UX domain to the organization by suggesting improvements for their Eclipse based products.
- Worked at an individual contributor level participating in UX activities throughout entire product development lifecycle.
- Advocated the importance of usability in product development.
- Helped Progress Software India get recognition across top levels for deep focus in user centered product development.
Sr. User Experience Designer
Texity Systems Pvt Ltd
Nov 2006 - Mar 2009 (2 years 4 months)
Worked as a senior designer for the growing design group as an individual contributor focussing on enterprise and mobility domains.
- Led a team of UX designers to provide design support to Qualcomm’s QES UXD team.
- Worked at an individual contributor level for Mobile & Fixed Asset Management, Enterprise Apps, Social Networking Platforms, etc.
Oct 2005 - Oct 2006 (1 year)
Worked on different types of financial applications used by financial companies (banks, credit ratings agencies etc. for their internal purpose).
Apr 2005 - Sep 2005 (5 months)
Design Intern for Usability Design Group.
- User Research for a product to bring Multimedia based learning in Indian Schools.
- Evaluation and redesign of an open source digital content repository (DSpace) developed by HP.
Intern in IT Dept
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
May 2002 - Apr 2003 (11 months)
Worked as a software intern with BSNL under Jt. DDG IT(III) at corporate office. Main responsibilities included design and development of applications to be used internally like Tender Management System, Personnel Information System, Corporate Intranet Portal.
Campus On Wheel
Jun 2000 - May 2002 (1 year 11 months)
Campus On Wheel (popularly known as COW) was the most successful fortnightly news-magazine in Delhi University. It was purely a students' owned magazine and was distributed in 40+ undergraduate colleges of Delhi University.
- Design of the magazine
- Content Management