Senior Design Engineer/Project Manager
Jan 2010 - Present (11 years 9 months)
• Managing larger, complex product development programs for clients in the consumer electronics, healthcare, and housewares industries. Notable clients include OXO, Helen of Troy, and Braun.
• Leading design engineering teams to devise creative, innovative solutions that satisfy manufacturing criteria and achieve business goals.
• Presenting to teams comprised of varied disciplines (design, marketing, engineering) and helping to guide those teams towards successful solutions.
• Led the design and engineering development of the 2017 iF Design Award winning Braun Thermoscan 7 thermometer from identifying consumer insights to complete mechanical detailing for production hand-off.
Industrial Design Project Manager
Jan 2006 - Mar 2009 (3 years 2 months)
• Providing key industrial design support to Motorola's enterprise technology and mobile computing business.
• Working collaboratively with Motorola’s internal engineering teams to ensure that original design intent is preserved as the product is developed for manufacturing.
• Examining in-field usage scenarios to develop products that fit into and streamline the users work flow.
• Acting as part of Motorola’s on-site innovation team, successfully developed lines of ruggedized accessories for the MT2000 and MC55 mobile computers that maximized and enhanced user efficiency.
Industrial Design Project Director
New York, NY
Jan 2003 - Dec 2005 (2 years 11 months)
• Leading industrial design teams in creating structural packaging solutions for global food and beverage brands including PepsiCo, Unilever, and Wrigley.
• Established design language strategies for new and existing consumer packaged goods brands.
• Drove the re-imagining of Unilever’s Suave Naturals design strategy which boosted consumer brand perceptions while simultaneously improved production filling line efficiencies.
• Developed Gatorade’s 64 oz. sports drink package by uncovering deep consumer research insights and building upon the established Gatorade brand equity.