Director of Design
Nov 2016 - Present (5 years)
* Instrumental in the launch of the FormaCars subsidiary of Concept Engineering, defining everything from the company name to the logo & branding.
* Developed over 20 FormaCars products marketed to builders and buyers of custom cars.
* Created exquisite full custom interiors for FormaCars custom car builds, creating brand recognition and differentiation.
* Developed complete custom HVAC systems for FormaCars custom car builds, providing a solution where none had existed in the market before.
Director of Design and Engineering
Sep 2016 - Present (5 years 2 months)
* Implemented CAD standards & robust templates which improved data consistency and reduced development time.
* Reviewed CAD maintenance and our CAD needs and recommended a path that allowed Concept Engineering to drop their CAD maintenance saving over $16,000 per year without loss of capabilities.
Director of 3D Integration
Oct 2014 - Sep 2016 (1 year 11 months)
* Managed the use of 2-3 CAD systems at Design Central with 2-3 versions of each, promoted best practices and standards that delivered shorter development schedules and more robust CAD data.
* Negotiated new maintenance contract that reduced annual Creo maintenance cost by 30%.
* Led a seven person team for the engineering development of the original Coolest Cooler. Initial and largest of over 50 molded components released for tooling in five weeks full production database released to manufacturing in 16 weeks.
* Supervised a team of nine engineers and industrial designers in the mechanical development of iCoffee's line of four K-cup style coffee brewers. Initial working trade show prototypes delivered in six weeks. Full production database of nearly 40 injection molded parts for first model released in 10 weeks three more models released seven weeks later.
Senior Project Engineer
Oct 2001 - Oct 2014 (13 years)
* Managed cost reduction effort for the Scotts Snap Spreader. Reduced part count from 16 to 10 producing a significant reduction in assembly labor, increased product quality and no reduction in functionality.
* Project manager for engineering a series of 30 kitchen utensils for Calphalon. Oversaw team of three engineers developing a family of wood, stainless steel and nylon tools with common aesthetic and common components. Worked directly with client to ensure CAD files matched their standards and with Industrial Designers to make sure design intent was met.
* Lead engineer for multiple Artromick programs spanning nearly a decade. Developed and maintained design and documentation standards that reduced errors and increased quality.
* Primary design engineer on engineering projects for clients such as Crown Equipment, Artromick, Midmark, Calphalon, Charbroil, Delta Faucet, Evenflo, Hoover, Scotts, Whirlpool, Georgia Pacific, Moen and more.
Sep 1996 - Oct 2001 (5 years 1 month)
* Developed corporate identity and company design standards.
* Primary engineer for Trade Fixtures' new shelving system. New design eliminated factory assembly and reduced fastener count by 90%.
* Lead engineer for Drustar's Accord Series wood cart. Cost premium for the wood cart under 20%, reduced cost of the current cart by 5%.
* Primary engineer for the largest projects at Concept Engineering. Clients included Artromick, Trade Fixtures, Staber Industries, and Midmark.