PD Textiles Coordinator
Pottery Barn Teen
San Francisco, CA
Oct 2012 - Oct 2013 (1 year)
* Oversaw communication with vendors in terms of textile product development programs for each season running, included: setting up tracks via "retail" server for designer/vendor communication, confirming colorways and components of each program, making sure design, color, and construction approvals are noted. As well as created and maintained a running ETD list for all vendors in terms of tracking: lab dips, strike offs, and samples. * Color checked various program strike-offs, lab dips, and yarn skeins to each of the designs coordinating Pantone and/or Scotdic standard. Relayed color comments to vendors via "retail". * Created the product developments teams "Books" for each season and throughout each stage of conception. * Assisted with design repeats, art specs, color-boards, and reworking designs to be plotted to full bed scale and feel for presentations, all using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
Office Manager / Assistant Buyer & Stylist
New York, NY
Jan 2012 - Jan 2013 (1 year)
* Oversaw Window Design projects and wardrobe consultation for store location mannequins, assisted with photo-shoots and fitting models, worked on photo-editing for the website and advertisements. * Accompanied Owner to trade shows to review and acquire samples of latest textile products. As well as attended key vendor meetings, while maintaining consistent communication with sales representatives and vendors for purchase orders, price negotiations, and product re-orders. * Assisted in developing Merchandise plan for consulting clients by completing accurate forecasts evaluating financial components based on current trend, and knowledge of future events. * Administered and maintained the above clients purchase plan (4 Million) thru working with vendors, clients, and partners while maintaining all records of Purchase Orders and overseeing all "Open to Buy" options. * Managed West Side Apparels' accounts payable, payroll, and daily banking.
Visual Merchandiser / Textile Designer
New York, NY
Feb 2011 - Apr 2012 (1 year 2 months)
Created guidelines for company image and social media. Created and produced company hangtags, and oversaw packaging for all accessories, apparel and home textiles. * Maximized design, sales, and profitability through the development and implementation of strategies, analysis, and reactions to sale/ fashion trends. * Managed relations with our vendors and worked closely with our partners to make sure our "AshramChic" image was being maintained in each store. Maintained and fashioned our jewelry display cases at all Jivamukti and Namaste Yoga facilities. * Was the textile designer for all Apparel and non-jewelry related accessories. Included all parts of design production from motif design, fashion flats to management and collaboration of final products with vendors. Selected fabrics, fasteners and other resources. * Worked on all Social Media, newsletters, and monthly blog.
Assistant Bedding Stylist
New York, NY
Dec 2011 - Mar 2012 (3 months)
* Assisted Luxury Bedding department for Fall Market. Worked on product mapping and personally created mood and presentation boards from beginning to end, based on Stylists/ Designers write-ups and fashion-directions. Investigated the growth of key prints, fabrics, and accessories appropriate for each accounts trend projections for the up coming fall season. * Helped with Styling from trend investigations by assisting in the creation of decorative pillows and taking the role as buyer for trims, fringes, fastenings, fabrics and accompaniments. During my time there I was able to work with the design team in creating sheet hem motifs for five differing beds.
New York, NY
Feb 2011 - Nov 2011 (9 months)
* Worked on all aspects of surface design production: From creating original designs to reworking trademarked motifs for appropriate products. Duties also included: Re-coloring designs and color-ways based on new trend projections, assisting in art and license specs, as well as creating mock-ups for pre-production displays.
Long Island, NY
Aug 2010 - May 2011 (9 months)
Commissioned twice (August 2010 & May 2011) for oil paintings to compliment the aesthetics of clients new estate.
Global Design Concepts Inc.
New York, NY
Aug 2010 - Jan 2011 (5 months)
* Worked within the Junior Department. Job consisted or reworking and re-coloring previously designed layouts to coincide with fast-fashion color trends, producing new designs from direction with various layouts and color-ways, and creating art specs for the production of final products.
Color Specialist / Decorative Artist
May 2007 - Aug 2008 (1 year 3 months)
* Ran consultations with clients to create color-ways that complimented their personal aesthetics. Other duties consisted of: creating samples for clients after consultation assessment and recreating such approved samples throughout the entire order. Decorative painting skills used consisted of various faux woods and marbles, distressing, and detailing.
Stage Artist Assistant
Denver Performance Arts Center
Feb 2007 - Jul 2007 (5 months)
* Interned within the Scene Painting Department: Assisted in overall design of stage-scapes. As well as assisted in the creation stage set-ups and painted scenic drops. COMMISSIONED WORKS *
Mixed Medium Piece
Jan 2007 - Jan 2007
Commissioned for a mixed-medium painting; client requested a piece to compliment and describe a poem by Tony Meeuwissen, "The Key to the Kingdom".