Senior Graphic Designer at Abbott Laboratories Creative Network
Saint Paul, MN
Aug 2017 - Present (4 years 4 months)
Leading design for Neuromodulation Chronic Pain medical device division at Abbott Laboratories. Focusing on client collaboration, creative concept development, design, production, and art direction of print and digital mediums to promote chronic pain therapies to health care practitioners and patients.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Saint Paul, MN
Jan 2002 - Present (19 years 11 months)
Creative concept development, design, art production and print management of projects such as logos, brochures, corporate collateral, scrap booking paper crafts, postcards, invitations, posters, web graphics, newspaper advertisements, etc.
Most recent projects include:
Blount International - SpeeCo brand catalog redesign - present
Rock River Adventure Tri brand and triathlon logo - 2017
Kowalski's Markets branded peanut butter labels - 2015
Hats & Mittens Annual Fundraiser and Ball invitations and collateral - 2007-2015
October Afternoon's illustrated scrapbooking products pre-press art production - 2013
George: Purpose, People Performance, Ltd. logos and templates - 2012
The Belgian Barbecue Sauce Labels - 2012
National Lutheran Choir Gala invitation and collateral - 2011
Temporary Graphic Production Designer
May 2017 - Aug 2017 (3 months)
- Create on-brand, production ready graphic files to be used for 3D retail display prototype samples & production.
- Print and assemble production artwork and die lines from internal and external customers.
- Create assembly instruction sheets & edit digital renderings.
May 2013 - Dec 2016 (3 years 7 months)
- Managed production, printing and fulfillment time lines of all promotional materials to ensure consistent, on time delivery to customers and meet sales objectives.
- Development, design execution and production of marketing materials including advertising, new product and sales promotions, retail packaging graphics, web graphics, email blasts, trade show promotions, employee communications, events, and community relations projects.
- Collaborated as part of the Brand Marketing Communications team to create clear, audience-driven communications and maintained high standards for quality while controlling production budgets resulting in cost savings and increasing brand awareness and loyalty.
- Maintained creative and consistent look and imaging standards of design materials across all division brands to ensure brand quality and protect brand equity.
- Effectively managed new product launches including strategy development, campaign elements, and time lines to boost product sales and increase customer allegiance.
- Divisional strategic initiative project management resulting in effectively unifying the FRAG Identity Guidelines and recommending the most economical data based catalog creation solution for the company.
- Coordinated all aspects of product photo shoots from shot list development to on site art direction, effectively supporting campaign strategy.
Apr 2012 - Jan 2013 (9 months)
- Collaborated with marketing managers in the graphic design development and implementation of revenue driving initiatives for University Dining Services at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Creation of logos, retail and environmental signage, branding, advertising campaign brochures and related collateral, sales proposals, presentations, web graphics and newsletters
- Developed new process for proofing external design products, eliminating redundancies and improving overall efficiency
- Revised student meal plan and retail sales materials and implemented new approach for direct marketing to educate parents, students and other potential customers, increasing sales
- Developed uniform branding approach for the new academic year voluntary meal plan and FlexDine sales promotional materials for the Midwest region to increase sales
- Increased visibility and recognition of the University Dining Services brand by revising and improving standardized promotional materials throughout the university system
Graphic Design Specialist
Apr 2006 - Jan 2012 (5 years 9 months)
- Efficiently administered creative design projects in support of ongoing marketing programs to increase organ donation awareness, donor designation and fundraising as the corporate in house graphic designer and Public Affairs department team member
- Sustained high-performance design production focused on collaboration serving internal and external partners
- Managed design, production and printing for all communications materials and developed design themes promoting all major initiatives and annual events including print, electronic and web graphics
- Developed and managed identity systems, successfully re-branding internal and external company image to reflect realigned mission and vision
- Created new company standards, templates and usage manuals across a variety of communication platforms
- Redesigned public education kiosks, car wrap designs, grant partnership identity systems and stakeholder email newsletters to increase community presence.
- Managed external vendor relationships to expand quality while maximizing company resources, resulting in major department cost savings
Electronic Book Layout
Sep 2004 - Mar 2006 (1 year 6 months)
- Collaborated with editors and marketing, to develop and produce over 16 book layout themes for craft project and collectibles books
- Assisted photo styling with editors and photography departments
- Prepared and proofed files with pre-press
- Created vector line art illustrations representing craft project book step by step instructions.
Web & Design Internship
Mar 2004 - Jun 2004 (3 months)
- Developed web graphics and built simple web pages promoting the Summer Concert Series
- Updated events and promotions web pages for the Zoo's external website
- Designed postcard promoting new Eagle Canyon exhibit opening