Senior Design Engineer
Lakewood Township, NJ
Jan 2012 - Present (10 years 6 months)
High quality wood chair manufacturer providing seating for hospitality and restaurant industry. Client list including Marriott, Pret A Manger, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Red Robin, PF Chang's, Darden Restaurants.
- Provide concept drawings, renderings, production drawings and production quality sample chairs for clients based on their specifications.
- Review samples and production parts from overseas and domestic factories or in house production quality control, including travel to vendors to review when necessary.
- Manage, set up production machining and schedule custom carpentry department, handling orders up to 300 pieces.
- Value stream map operations to produce components most efficiently, plan the manufacturing process of custom projects, establish routings for MO population and scheduling.
SolidWorks Operator / Designer
Harry Shaw Model Maker
Sep 2007 - Jan 2012 (4 years 4 months)
Provide high quality prototypes mainly in the product design field. Capabilities include machining, fabrication, sculpting, painting, molds and castings, 3D printing, SLA.
- Design and accurately build or modify 3D models from existing 2D information for product design firms, engineering companies and independent inventors. Troubleshoot file errors in SolidWorks and Rhino.
- Manage model building from initial drawings to finished painting, providing detailed drawings, color maps and specifications to machinists and fabricators.
- Prepare electronic files to be CNC machined, rapid prototyped or hand fabricated by processing files, creating fixtures and generating detailed drawings.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and manage SLA, silk screening, graphic transfers and sheet metal purchasing.
Smith House Shop Monitor
Sep 2006 - May 2007 (8 months)
- Aid students in fabrication through suggesting specific materials and processes or demonstrating proper techniques
- Maintain shop power tools; occasionally required to fabricate custom parts to modify existing machinery
- Ensure safety of students while maintaining quality of workspace