Mar 2011 - Jul 2015 (4 years 4 months)
- Lead key projects (Twenty, PowerMate, Olli, Identity Performance) for the CE, Soft goods and Case ID teams, driving the strategic design direction.
- Developed and lead the design direction for Power and Cable product lines (2012-2015) working to create a cohesive product line to help build greater brand awareness.
- Championed exploration and utilization of a TPU-Mesh fusion process used in athletic footwear, for the Identity Performance case line, helping to create a new case platform DNA.
- Creator of Kazoo, a Griffin sub brand product line, successfully targeting the youth accessories market.
- Regular travel to China to manage design intent and Implementation with oversees manufactures.
- Initiated internal initiatives to help improve product development processes and work flow within the ID division.
- Participated in a Vanderbilt MBA program project, as an assistant educator representing Griffin, helping to guide the MBA candidates through the product dev. process.
- Drove new product exploration initiatives, wearable technology solutions.
- Mentored junior designers.
- Awarded multiple design patents.
Aug 2009 - Oct 2010 (1 year 2 months)
- Lead designer for the Awaken Line, developed two design platforms for a line of hand showers for the global market.
- Executed concept sketching, 3D CAD development and prototype form refinement, executing the design vision of key global projects.
- Worked with Human Factors to ensure user-centric solutions.
- Coordinated with Marketing and Engineering teams to develop product solutions that satisfied key business objectives.
Radius Product Development
Oct 2008 - Nov 2008 (1 month)
* Executed concept ideation and detailed mock-up construction.
* Contributed to brainstorming sessions establishing initial concept direction.
Apr 2007 - Aug 2008 (1 year 4 months)
- Lead projects and managed clients throughout the entire design process working closely with
engineering and the user experience teams to deliver relevant design solutions. Client work, Jarden Consumer Solutions, Briggs & Stratton and Dewalt.
- Mentored junior designers.
Staff Industrial Designer
Jan 2004 - Apr 2007 (3 years 3 months)
- Developed products from early concept through mass production, moving from early idea generation, user research, sketches and mock-ups through 3D CAD and problem solving with manufacturers.
- Participated in product line development and product branding strategies, clients include:
Texas Instruments, invisio, RadioShack, Virgin Electronics, Polk Audio.
- Worked with Texas Instruments to identify and visualize form factors for micro DLP projectors integrated with moble phones.
- Utilized competitive market research to pinpoint new product development
Nottingham & Spirk
2002 - 2003 (1 year)
* Contributed to product concept ideation, prototype construction,
Gained experience in all facets of prototype design and market research.
2000 - 2001 (1 year)
* Worked in the First Fun and Playschool R&D division, conceptualized
Ideations for key creative play brands. Project brands included
Play-Doh, Bob the Builder and Easy-Bake Oven.
* Produced and completed “The Cookie Make’ n Station”, “Doctor Drill and Fill” and “Splat” Which launched in Christmas of 2002
Sanchez & Levitan Advertising Firm
1997 - 1998 (1 year)
* Coordinated all research materials within the creative department.
* Produced commercial design solutions for such clients as
Bellsouth (communications), Absolute and the Florida Lottery.
* Involved in Marketing Strategies that targeted the Hispanic Market.
* Coordinated all presentation materials to present to clients
* Executed story boards For Commercials
Traffic Coordinator and Beta Testing Supervisor
Interaction Media Corporation
1995 - 1997 (2 years)
* Coordinated network updating to over 50 Interactive Kiosk throughout the US.
* Acted as Liaison between marketing and account services department.
* Supervised Beta testing and problem solved the interactive kiosk system.