Feb 2007 - Present (14 years 5 months)
Founder and director of this small studio dedicated to the design of new products, concept development and engineering, packaging, graphic design and product photography
Product Design Manager
Willow Ware Australia
Nov 2004 - May 2008 (3 years 6 months)
• Design of new products and modifications on existing ones from design brief evaluation and concept realization, CAD modelling, competitor analysis, material optimisation for cost reduction through Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Moldflow technologies, in-house prototyping and Rapid prototyping, Project Presentation to internal and external customers and documentation using ISO 9001 quality standards.
• Project schedules and task coordination to meet customer / project / company’s deadlines. Liaison with toolmakers and continuous interaction with suppliers and customers. Use of risk analysis techniques such as FMEA for parts manufactured for the automotive industry. Estimate capital expenditure for each project and develop project plans accordingly.
• Modifications on existing tooling (from drawings to production) to improve product appeal, manufacturability, cost and/or quality. Product and tool drawings, packaging design and pallet configuration.
• Website maintenance
Internship project (Masters degree)
The Decor Corporation
Jan 2004 - Jul 2004 (6 months)
Product design and project management, product presentations, understanding of Décor’s processes and requirements for the project, material optimisation, cost reduction, conceptualisation, material selection, design evaluation, rapid prototyping and project documentation.
Designed a new product using state of the art technologies for Product Design such as Moldflow, Finite Element Analysis.
Jan 2003 - Mar 2004 (1 year 2 months)
• Product design, cost reduction of existing products, packaging design, design of new products and project management.
• Reduce product cost on SKUs with minimum modifications on existing tooling.
• Implement the research and new product design department.