Creative Director Industrial Design & Innovation
Mars Chocolate NA
Jul 2010 - Present (11 years 6 months)
• Provide design leadership in the creation of design strategies for global brands that align to business and consumer needs, challenges, and behaviors.
• Map consumer insights, shopper journeys, experience models, innovation pipelines, and opportunity spaces.
• Lead cross-functional teams through framing of complex business problems to align key stakeholders on common ambitions, project goals, and work streams.
• Lead innovation and ideation sessions to drive new products and platforms based on consumer insights.
• Manage design development for all new product development, seasonal novelties and chocolate molds.
May 2009 - Present (12 years 8 months)
Member of the moderator team to the largest international design network with over 10,000 users
Mentor others and give advice to recent graduates
1998 - Present (24 years)
Industrial Designer: Seasonal Packaging Innovation R&D
Mars Chocolate North America
Dec 2004 - Jul 2010 (5 years 7 months)
Designed new products and packaging for Halloween, Valentines Day, Christmas, and Easter.
• Translated user insights and trend research into seasonal packaging concepts and solutions.
• Provided design direction to Marketing and Packaging Engineering team for seasonal products as well as everyday brands such as M&M’s, Snickers, and Dove Chocolate.
• Supplied creative solutions for structural and graphic packaging problems through traditional design methods and practices.
• Collaborated with marketing teams to create and implement a design process for seasonal products and packaging.
• Organized and facilitated brainstorming sessions used to kick off new design development for each season based around gaps in the market, consumer insights, and product opportunities.
• Developed and designed interface for in-house packaging design software.
• Lead and organize Mars sponsored College projects with numerous design schools. Acted as mentor and main professional contact to the students.
Lead Industrial Design Freelancer
Jun 2004 - Dec 2004 (6 months)
• Worked with a team of Engineers and Designers to develop innovative arch window blind system for Hunter Douglas.
• Worked through entire design process from research to final deliverable.
• Managed invoices
Industrial Design Freelancer
2003 - 2004 (1 year)
• Reported directly to Senior Art Director.
• Designed and updated Revlon’s store merchandising walls and displays.
• Wrote instruction manuals.
• Digital photography of products and merchandise.
2003 - 2003