As the worldwide leader in personal printing, HP is reimagining the print experience end-to-end. Deep and insightful understanding of customers will drive this transformation. We are seeking an experienced Sr. User Experience & Design Researcher to join the staff of the Consumer Experience Design team.
In this role, you will plan and execute design research and testing activities for the multibillion-dollar consumer print business. The insights and learnings that you drive into the design team will shape large strategic choices, as well as detailed design refinements across our hardware products, software, mobile apps, websites and services.
• Translate design and business questions into research plans, choosing from a rich set of methods and practices most appropriate for each situation.
• Be accountable for ensuring timely synthesis into insights and then working to ensure those insights are interpreted and applied appropriately.
• Partner with internal market researchers and outside suppliers to orchestrate a holistic research and test agenda.
• Identify which studies and projects should be outsourced and then work through a competitive bid processes and then oversee all aspects of the projects
• Regularly present findings, insights and recommendations to senior design and business leaders.
• Manage a research budget and schedule for all consumer print design research and testing.
• Evangelize and educate internal partners and senior managers on the most effective use of design research/test methods.
• Develop internal processes and tools to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of all our insights work within the organization.
• Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members to set an example of design research excellence.
• Day-to-day activities will involve you with cross-functional program teams, design leadership, business leadership and individual designers.
• Travel 20-40% of the time will be required for in-field research activities, as well as on-site work at other HP sights and with design vendors and suppliers.
Education and Experience Required:
• Master's degree or PhD in Cognitive or Behavioral Psychology, Design research, Human Factors, Social Sciences research, or equivalent.
• Successful candidates must have substantial experience (typically 10+ years) planning, executing and reporting using a diverse collection of design research and test methods. Prior experience in ethnographies, contextual methods, surveys, observation, usability testing and online testing is essential for success in this role.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Extensive experience with application and development of design research theories, principles, and concepts for a portfolio of multiple information technology and consumer products and services platforms.
• History of innovation with numerous examples of design excellence driven from customer insights.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including strong statistical skills and knowledge of experimental design.
• Experience in architecture of overall product design and technology across multiple product lines is strongly desired.
• Evaluating and selecting processes, standards, and techniques to be used in reviewing designs for alignment with overall product and quality architecture; history of implementing cross- platform and functional changes and initiatives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate process architectures and product formulations, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
Please submit an updated resume AND design portfolio link/samples when applying
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.