At Fin Fun, we’re a fast growing, family-owned company that is built on the hard work and dedication of our employees. The creativity, innovation, and passion of our team has made Fin Fun what it is today—a leader in its category. We are driven by a balance of sales and design, delivering authentic lifestyle and swim products to a passionate and dedicated consumer base. We work hard to make and sell great products, and we have fun doing it.
We are looking for a self-directed and team-focused designer-developer that has experience overseeing product development while working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. The role of PD Design Lead is to create innovative, on-trend designs in apparel, swimwear, blankets/home goods, and other categories. In this role, you will fulfill the product design needs based on overall product direction from Management.
Working with general supervision and designers in a team environment, the Product Development Design Lead will conceptualize new products and designs and produce samples, patterns, fabric designs, tech packs and packaging for these products. He or she will also be expected to oversee the pre-production process of sampling, feedback, and final approvals. This person is expected to have considerable knowledge of, and experience in, design and development so that he or she can work at a highly independent level on day to day design tasks, interacting with both domestic and overseas suppliers and manufacturers.
Passion for all things swimming, water and/or mermaid related is a big plus! This position is based at our headquarters in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Participates in brainstorms and collaborates with others on the Product Development and Sourcing Teams to develop products utilizing trend-driven themes/motifs, colors, embellishments, techniques and silhouettes
• Understands market trends (especially for children, apparel and/or lifestyle categories) and designs product which is trend appropriate
• Develops unique, creative designs that adhere to brand guidelines and company sensibilities
• Creates design briefs, specifications, and cost targets for new products
• Manages the design process (inputs, briefs, reviews, feedback, timelines and deliverables)
• Creates prototypes/samples of new product designs
• Works on development of print designs for fabric used in apparel and other products
• Works with licensor-supplied assets and brands to produce dynamic products consistent with partner product branding.
• Produces accurate and thorough Tech Packs for manufacturing
• Contributes to improvements in design processes and standards
• Participates in cross-functional team evaluating design, development, manufacturing, and marketing issues
• Communicates progress of design process to internal customers throughout the development cycle
• Manages sample requirements for testing and product deadlines
• Participates in weekly product meetings to coordinate actions and mitigate internal and external project risks
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design, Communication Arts or 3D Product Design
• 3+ years of work experience in a product development/design environment
• Understanding of fit, fabrics and garment construction and/or understanding of 3D product design
• Basic understanding of fabric and screen printing processes (Experience in a soft goods/screen printing environment is a plus)
• 2D and 3D technical drawing skills in programs such as Illustrator
• Experience with pattern development strongly preferred (specific knowledge of Accumark pattern software is a plus)
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
• Proficient in managing multiple design projects on a daily basis while meeting established deadlines
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Strong ability to problem solve and identify creative solutions
• Comfort working in a fast-paced, open environment
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position. Competitive pay and full benefits package offered! Relocation assistance possible for the right candidate.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. You may address your emails to HR with the subject heading “PD Design Lead Application.”